Candidates are invited to apply for the 2020 UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships. The aim of these fellowships to study in Poland is to promote human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhance international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland.
Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering Education at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow have placed at the disposal of certain Member States thirty (30) fellowships of six (6) months duration each, starting on 1 October 2020.
The beneficiaries of these Poland fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
- Host institutions: AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland.
- Fields of study: Science, Technology and Engineering.
- Number of fellowships : Thirty (30).
- Duration : (6) months
- Eligible countries: Open to following countries.
Arab States (Iraq, Syrian Arab Republic);
Asia and the Pacific (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam);
Latin America And The Caribbean (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago).
UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships Benefits
The UNESCO/Poland Fellowships will provide successful applicants with the following benefits:
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations;
- Monthly allowance of 2200 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,00 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and;
- A one-time special allowance of 2200 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies;
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship.
UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships Eligibility
Applicants must be citizen of an eligible country (check list above) and meet the requirements of their chosen research field (project) shown on the official page.
You may also be eligible for the:
- UNESCO/ISEDC Russian Federation Co-Sponsored Fellowships;
- Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students;
- University Of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship;
- University of the Fraser Valley Scholarships in Canada;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students.
How to Apply for the UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, to UNESCO mailing address.
An advance copy of the application should be sent by e-mail to unesco4(at)agh.edu.pl ; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org ; l.zas-friz(at)unesco.org and [email protected]. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO’s fellowships application forms, including medical certificate, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Master’s Degree/PhD obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on: unesco.agh.edu.pl.
Note: All application should be endorsed by the National Commission from the country of the candidate and all correspondence should be in English.
The deadline to apply is . For more details on the UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships, please visit the official page.