The first step to take part in the United Nations Volunteers Programme is to determine whether you meet the minimum requirements (see below). If this is the case, register your profile in the Global Talent Pool. Profiles from the Talent Pool are then matched with assignments offered by UN partner agencies.
Approximately 2,000 assignments become available per year. Most assignments are filled through the Global Talent Pool without being advertised. Only special calls for assignments in highly specialized areas or in high demand are advertised.
- Host Institution: The United Nations.
- Number of awards: Around 2,000 every year.
- Duration: Varies.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
United Nations Volunteers Programme Benefits
The key benefit of being a UN Volunteer is the personal satisfaction the volunteer assignment brings you as you make a positive impact on peace and development. However, UNV supports you during your assignment in several ways, e.g. through a monthly volunteer living allowance, annual leave, and medical insurance.
United Nations Volunteers Programme Eligibility
Candidate for the volunteers programme must satisfy the following minimum requirements
- A university degree or higher technical diploma;
- 25-years old minimum (no maximum age limit);
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience;
- Good working knowledge of at least one of the three UNV working languages: English, French and Spanish.
In addition, you should be able to demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism;
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- The ability to adjust to difficult living conditions;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Prior to volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset.
- UNICEF Internship Programme For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- OIST Internship in Japan for All (Fully funded);
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program;
- OECD Internship Programme for Students of All Nationalities.
To submit your application for the United Nations Volunteers Programme, please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to create your account and fill the form.
There is no deadline. You can register your profile in the Global Talent Pool at anytime. For more details on the United Nations Volunteers Programme, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.