The World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program provides opportunities for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance (WYA) to gain professional skills working on WYA’s projects and a substantive learning experience on WYA’s core ideas. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members.
Ideal candidates possess a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn.
World Youth Alliance Regional Headquarter Internship Details
- Host Institution: World Youth Alliance.
- Number of awards: not specified.
- Duration: 3 months.
- Target group: Open to all nationals.
World Youth Alliance Regional Headquarter Internship Benefits
The World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program offers followings:
- Introductory Training: Undergo WYA’s Certified Training Program (CTP) and learn about human rights philosophy and the dignity of the person.
- Project Management: Work on projects suited to your interests and strengths under the supervision of WYA staff.
- Network Building: Attend different events and meet new contacts as you represent WYA in various occasions.
- WYA can only send an invitation letter as proof of acceptance into the internship program.
- Some regional internships provide accommodation.
WYA offer internships in all of their regional offices. Many of the interns accepted into the New York internship first complete a regional internship, are active WYA members in their country, and receive recommendations on their outstanding work.
WYA regional offices: Africa (Nairobi, Kenya), Asia Pacific (Manila, Philippines), Europe (Brussels, Belgium), Latin America (Mexico City, Mexico), Middle East (Beirut, Lebanon), North America (New York, USA).
WYA offers internships for young people of varied educational and expertise backgrounds. Applicants can apply for any of the other regional offices only after completing a regional internship. Once accepted into the internship, applicants will be matched to a position that best corresponds to their interests and skills.
The WYA Externship lasts for one to two semesters and are available in all regional offices. It’s done while members are on campus or at home, and gives them the opportunity to gain first-hand training and experience in networking with students on campus and managing community-level implementation of WYA’s global projects. Additionally, WYA welcomes specialized extern applicants for marketing, social media, and graphic design support.
- Completed corresponding application form
- Prepare your Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Your signed copy of the WYA charter (Only if you are a new member)
- And send the package to the corresponding email address.
- WYA Asia Pacific Regional Internship Application Form;
- WYA Asia Pacific Regional Internship Program Information 2019;
- Please send all requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latin America
- WYA Latin America Regional Internship Application Form;
- Please send all requirements to email@example.com.
- North America
- WYA North America Regional Internship Application Form;
- WYA NA Internship Information;
- Please send all requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Europe: Apply for the Europe Internship;
World Youth Alliance Regional Headquarter Internship Deadlines and Internship periods
|Deadline||Internship Period (2020)|
|Africa||Nov 15, 2019||Jan 13 – Apr 10|
|Mar 20, 2020||May 4 – Jul 31|
|July 17, 2020||Sep 14 – Dec 11|
|Asia Pacific||Jan 5, 2020||Jan 20 – Apr 30|
|Apr 26, 2020||May 11 – Aug 21|
|June – September|
|Aug 23, 2020||Sep 7 – Dec 16|
|Europe||Nov 24, 2019||Jan 13 – Feb 28|
|Jan 13 – Jun 30|
|Jan 9, 2020||Mar 23 – Jun 30|
|Feb 23, 2020||Apr 20 – Jul 31|
|June 28, 2020||Sep 7 – Dec 11|
|Latin America||not available||not available|
|not available||not available|
|not available||not available|
|North America||Dec 9, 2019||Jan 13 – Apr 9|
|Apr 6, 2020||May 18 – Aug 14|
|Aug 10, 2020||Sep 14 – Dec 11|
|Headquarters||Nov 25, 2019||Jan 13 – Apr 9|
|Mar 23, 2020||May 18 – Aug 14|
|July 27, 2020||Sep 14 – Dec 11|