The Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship is a fully funded program that is open for next generation leaders with the passion to challenge themselves. The program has been designed so that Fellows will be able to enhance their skills and abilities without being burdened financially while in Japan. As an Awaji Youth Federation Fellow, you will be employed by Pasona Group Inc. and enjoy the following benefits and conditions, while fees and government taxes are processed by Paso.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 12 months.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship Benefits
The programme will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- Gross salary: JPY 250,000
- Government fees and taxes: Approx. JPY 44,000/mo
- Net salary per month: Approx. JPY 70,000 (after Program, Accommodation & Meals costs, see below).
- Cost: JPY 90,000/mo
- 5 days a week of working & learning
- 10 days of paid leave available six months into the program.
- Cost: JPY 26,000/mo
- Individual room in either Japanese or Western style
- Utility costs such as electricity and Wi-Fi are included.
Meals (Working Days only)
- Cost: JPY 20,000/mo
- Although AYF attempts to accommodate Fellows with food allergies, special dietary needs or those following religious dietary practices including Halal diet, provided dishes are generally buffet style.
Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship Eligibility
To qualify for the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship, candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- English ability of TOEIC 800 or equivalent for non-native speakers. (Fluent both in speaking and writing)
- Japanese language skill preferable
- Commitment to solving society’s problems and contributing to Pasona Group’s projects.
- Open to staying on Awaji Island after the year at AYF and continuing to work on regional revitalization
- Core values of hard work, discipline and care for others
- Flexible, perseverance and resilience
- The ability and drive to translate ideas into concrete action.
To apply, please download the AYF_Application_2020 and follow instructions carefully. Send in completed applications to: [email protected]. The file contains 5 tabs in total. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. For more detail on the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship, please visit the official page.