Applicants are welcome to apply for the OECD Internship Program. The Internship program aims to attract highly qualified and motivated students from various backgrounds into the Organization to work on initiatives related to the Secretary-Strategic General’s Orientations and to assist the Organization’s business activities. Its major purpose is to provide selected applicants with the chance to strengthen their analytical and technical abilities in an international environment.
The Internship Program is offered on an ongoing basis and open to students who are enrolled in a fully accredited degree program (Bachelor’s, Master, or PhD) for the duration of their internship. Until further notice, selected interns are onboarded remotely and in a hybrid format. Internship start dates will be set based on your dates of availability and the OECD hiring teams’ schedules. Therefore, applicants must not forget to specify the date and duration of their availability in the application form.
- Host Institution: Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in France. Some internships may take place in OECD regional offices (Berlin, Germany; Mexico City, Mexico; Tokyo, Japan; Washington DC, USA).
- Number of positions: About 500 interns/year.
- Duration: The duration of the internship is for a period between one and six months (renewable for another six months up to a total of twelve months), on a full-time basis (40 hours/week).
- Place: The majority of internships are based in Paris, France.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
OECD Internship Program Benefits
Selected candidates for the OECD Internship Program will not receive a salary. However, the OECD grants a contribution to living expenses of around 700 euros per month. If selected for an internship, OECD staff will assist you to obtain a Visa.
Also Check : AAUW International Fellowships for Women, 2024-2025
Successful candidates will carry out research and provide support to Policy Analysts in one of the following areas (please note that the list is non-exhaustive):
Artificial Intelligence, Bribery and corruption, Climate, Competition, Corporate Governance, Development, Digitalisation, Economy, Education and Skills, Employment, Energy, Environment, Finance, Gender and Diversity, Health Growth, Industry, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Insurance and Pensions, International Migration, Investment, Public Governance, Regional Development, Regulatory Reform, Science and Technology, Statistics, Tax, Tourism, Trade and Agriculture, Transport
Successful applicants for internship in the corporate functions will be involved in one of the following areas:
- Communications, Media & Public Relations
- Event Management
- Finance, Budget and Accounting
- Information Technology
- Legal services
- Office Administration
- Human Resources
OECD Internship Program Eligibility
To apply for the OECD Internship Program, applicants must be students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree program for the duration of the internship in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD;
- Are available for a minimum internship duration of one month;
- Have an excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages used at the OECD would be an advantage;
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills;
- Demonstrate excellent drafting and communication skills;
- Are capable of working in a multicultural and international team environment.
The majority of internships are based in Paris, France. Internships are primarily allocated to OECD member country nationals, while also open to non-OECD Member country nationals for specific programs and projects across OECD affiliated bodies and agencies (e.g. International Tax Forum, ITF, NEA).
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities;
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program.
How to Apply for the OECD Internship Program
Interested candidates must use the apply button below and follow the instructions to apply. If your application is not successful, you are welcome to apply again to the next vacancy publication, open in March and September.
Because of the large number of applications submitted, the OECD Internship Office is unable to give individual input. As a result, only selected candidates will be approached for an interview by the Directorates. If you are not contacted by Directorate recruiting teams within three months of submitting your application, you can assume your application has not been retained on this occasion and you can apply again in March and September. Please keep in mind that you must still be registered as a student during the internship period.
The OECD internship program recruits interns on an ongoing basis and applications are accepted throughout the year. You can apply anytime via our online application platform. For more detail on the OECD Internship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.