Applications are now opened for the METI Government of Japan Internship Program for foreign nationals. The program has been created for nationals of OECD countries on DAC list (Excluding China), living outside Japan.
The program is seeking young applicants who have good academic achievements and committed to with team. The program aims to provide hands-on experience to interns. For this call, the program is only available for those living in an area that can access the designated Satellite Office.
Satellite Office designated by the Program Office（10 locations in 5 countries) are: Vietnam (HCMC/Hanoi/Da Nang), Thailand (Bangkok), Indonesia (Jakarta), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), India (Delhi / Gurgaon / Chennai / Bangalore).
- Host institution: Satellite Office designated by the Program Office.
- Areas of Work: engineering, economics, finance, business administration, information technology etc.
- Number of positions: 80.
- Duration: Only one group: From 1st December to 23th December, 2020/ From 18th January, 2021 to 3rd February, 2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December, 2020 to 17th January, 2021).
- Target group: Open to nationals of OECD countries on DAC list (Excluding China) : Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners Benefits
Selected candidates for the internship program will have the following programs.
- Daily allowance (as expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- Internship insurance
- PC, Lan , WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office (Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self).
Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners Eligibility
To apply for the program, applicants must satisfy all the following requirements:
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region (Nationality of OECD countries which is on DAC list (Excluding China)).
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrollment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
- World Trade Organization Internship Programme;
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program;
- CERN Junior Fellowship Programme for Graduate Students;
- UNICEF Internship Programme For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Programme For All Nationalities.
Eligible Applicants must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.