Applications are now opened for the METI Government of Japan Internship Program for foreign nationals. The program has been created for nationals of OECD countries on DAC list (Excluding China), living outside Japan.
The program is seeking young applicants who have good academic achievements and committed to with the team. The program aims to provide hands-on experience to interns. For this call, the program is only available for those living in an area that can access the designated Satellite Office.
Course A participants will be working in either of the designated workspace (Satellite Offices) located in the 6 countries(Cambodia (Phnom Penh), India (Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon), Indonesia (Bandung / Jakarta), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Thailand (Bangkok), Vietnam (Da Nang / Hanoi / HCMC)) while course B participants will work in any place where they can focus on their duties, e.g. home, in either country on the OECD/DAC.
- Host institution: Satellite Office designated by the Program Office.
- Areas of Work: engineering, economics, finance, business administration, information technology etc.
- Number of positions: 200 interns.
- Duration: Course A (From 10 August to 8 October 2021 at Satellite Office designated by the Program Office), Course B (From 25 October to 22 December 2021 – Work from home).
- Target group: Open to nationals of OECD countries on DAC list (Excluding China). Please check full list below
Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners Benefits
Selected candidates for the internship program will have the following programs.
- Term allowance will be paid by local currency worth of 40,000 yen (only for Course A). It is provided to interns who have completed the entire process of Course A.
- Internship Insurance (only for Course A)
- For Course A : Communication environment e.g. PC, LAN and landline telephone
- For Course B : Lending of communication equipment e.g. PC, Wi-Fi and cell phone.
The program is opened to citizens of the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan,
Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners Eligibility
To apply for the program, applicants must satisfy all the following requirements:
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region (Nationality of OECD countries which is on DAC list (Excluding China)).
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 by the deadline.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrollment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company, etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2020.
- World Trade Organization Internship Program;
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program;
- UNICEF Internship Program For All Nationalities;
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities.
Eligible Applicants must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. Please note that application to Course A program is currently closed. You can only apply for Course B program.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Government of Japan Internship Program for foreigners, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.