The FRQNT’s international paid internship program aims to foster international mobility of students whose research activities are part of the scientific program of a strategic cluster funded by the FRQNT (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies). The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
- Field: Energy, environment, manufacturing and construction, material, nature and interaction of matter, living organisms, natural resources, abstract structures, technique measurement and systems, information and communication technologies.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Start date of the internship: The internship must start no later than September 30th, 2020.
- Duration: minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months.
- Target group: Open to All Nationalities.
Each strategic cluster may generally submit up to two applications for the FRQNT’s international paid internship program until the contest deadline. In no case should the total financial assistance of the two candidates exceed the total amount of $ 15,000. This limit can be re-examined and increased at all time until the contest deadline.
All of the strategic clusters supported by the FRQNT may submit an application to the FRQNT’s international paid internship program. The applicant proposed by the strategic cluster must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed here after.
- For full-time students enrolled in a Québec university: The applicant must have Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status in Canada, or foreign student status with a valid study permit to study in Quebec
- For foreign students enrolled in an university outside Québec: The applicant must have valid study permits or visas for the entire duration of the internship;
- The applicant can’t be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For the students enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program.
- The internship must take place outside Quebec for students enrolled in a Quebec university. The internship must occur in Quebec for students from abroad.
- Students who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) are not eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities
Candidates interested in the FRQNT’s international paid internship program must file their application within their strategic cluster (see list on FRQNT’s Web Site) with the list of documents required by the specific strategic cluster. The strategic clusters which recommend a candidate must fill the specific form available on FRQNT’s Web site as well as transmit it electronically.
The strategic clusters must also submit the selection committee report that states the results for each of the three criteria in effect, the assessment process and the names of the committee members. The strategic clusters must also send in the electronic form, a letter signed by the supervisor of the student specifying the start and end dates of the internship.
Any internship application must be filed by the strategic cluster and approved by the FRQNT before the leaving of the trainee. Each strategic cluster may submit applications at all time until March 1, 2020.
For more detail on the FRQNT’s international paid internship program, please visit the official page.