Applications for the Wellcome International Masters Fellowships Programme is now open. This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
You must be based at an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country for the research project. When your host organization submits your application, they must agree to provide the space and resources you’ll need from the start date through to the end date of your award.
- Fields of Study: Basic, Clinical, Public health. Your research proposal should be within the science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
- Number of places: Not specified.
- Duration: 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project).
- Target group: Open to citizens of following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China (People’s Republic of), Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Wellcome International Masters Fellowships Benefits
Selected candidates for the Wellcome International Masters Fellowships will be provided with the following benefits:
- An International Master’s Fellowship is for 30 months, unless you want to hold it on a part-time basis.
- The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (M.Sc.) course at a recognized centre of excellence anywhere in the world.
- The following 18 months is for your research project at an eligible organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- An award of £120,000 provides support for: salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
Wellcome International Masters Fellowships Eligibility
Application for the Wellcome International Masters Fellowships in the United Kingdom is open for candidates, who meet the following criteria:
- you’re a national of an eligible country (Low or middle-income country);
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low or middle-income country;
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject;
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- Chinese Government’s MOFCOM Scholarship;
- MINERVA Fellowship Programme in Japan;
- UCL Denys Holland Scholarship;
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program;
- Rotary Peace Fellowship for Master and Certificate;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships.
Interested applicants who would like to be considered for the opportunity must submit their application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT) through the apply button below.
The deadline for September round is . Decision will be made by November 2020. For more detail on the Wellcome International Masters Fellowships, please visit the official page.