Candidates are invited to apply for the Central South University Scholarship (CSU Scholarship) for International Students. The scholarship aims to recruit international students to study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the Central South University.
Central South University is situated in Changsha, a famous historical and cultural city in Hunan, China, and its campuses are distributed on the east and west of Xiangjiang River. Backed by the majestic Yuelu Mountain and facing the grand Xiangjiang River, CSU has pleasing scenery and is ideal for study and research.
- Host institution: Central South University (CSU), China.
- Fields of Study: Available programs at the university (Literature & Journalism, Foreign Language, Business, Law, Architecture and Art, Public Administration, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Science and Electronics, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Geosciences and Info-physics, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Metallurgical and Environment, Energy Science and Engineering, Resources and Safety Engineering, Minerals Processing and Bio engineering, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Computer Science and Engineering, Basic Medical Science, Life Sciences, etc.). Please check the list below.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration : For normal duration of the chosen program (Bachelor: 4-5 years, Master: 3 years, Doctorate: 4 years).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Central South University Scholarship Benefits
CSU Scholarship will provide the following benefits to selected candidates:
- coverage of tuition ;
- on-campus accommodation ;
- medical insurance fees; ;
- monthly stipend.
- coverage of tuition ;
- on-campus accommodation and ;
- medical insurance fees.
Central South University Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the CSU Scholarship, applicants must have the following profile:
- Excellent Non-Chinese citizens, with no criminal records and in good health.
- Bachelor’s degree, applicants should have a high school degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 30 years old;
- Master’s degree, applicants should have a bachelor degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 35 years old;
- Doctor’s degree, applicants should have a master’s degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 40 years old;
- Language eligibility:
- Students who apply for Chinese-taught programs should obtain a minimum score of 220 in HSK4 for science and engineering programs and 260 in HSK4 for arts, social science, and medical programs (for bachelor of Chinese language and literature, a minimum score of 200 in HSK5);
- Students who apply for English-taught programs, should obtain a minimum score of 6 in IELTS or 85 in TOEFL.
- Applicants whose first language or the official language of the country is Chinese or English.
- Applicants who have taken a degree program whose teaching language is in Chinese or English.
- Applicants of postgraduate programs are required to have a strong academic background and innovative research capabilities.
Students who cannot meet the requirement of Chinese competence shall take a one-year preparatory course of the Chinese language and pass all relevant exams before embarking on their programs. Those who meet one of the following conditions are exempt from proving their linguistic competence. Some programs have their own admission requirement, and applicants shall be qualified before applying.
- CSC Scholarship at Guangxi Normal University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University;
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics CSC Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the Central South University Scholarship has to complete an online application and mail application hard copy materials to the university. Please follow steps below:
Step 1: Online Application
Please click on the apply button below to access the CSU China International Student Service System and register online. Choose Central South University Scholarship for International Students (CSU Scholarship), fill in the application form, submit it and wait for the results (about 2-4 weeks).
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
After passing the online review, pay the application fee of 500 RMB (90 dollar) to the designated account (instructions will be provided in the email from the university).
Note: Please complete the application fee payment within two weeks, otherwise, the application cannot continue. If you fail to pass the initial review or are rejected, NO NEED to pay the application fee and send the hard copies.
- Photocopy of the passport (Over one-year availability)
- Photocopy of Physical Examination Record. The examination date shall be after December 1, 2020.
- Photocopy of The Highest graduation certificate or notarized Chinese/English-translated certificate. If the applicant is currently a student, the pre-graduation certificate issued by the school is required.
- Stamped Transcript of the highest diploma or notarized Chinese/English-translated transcript.
- Non-criminal record or Chinese/English-translated document with an official stamp. The issue date shall be after December 1, 2020.
- HSK Transcript for Chinese-taught programs and IELTS\TOEFL for English-taught programs, or other documents to prove your linguistic competence.
- Two different recommendation letters from professors/associate professors with detailed contacts. The signature date shall be after December 1, 2020. (only for graduate applicants)
- Study Plan of no less than 800 words. Please clarify your research background, method, content, and significance, etc. (only for graduate applicants)
- Published essays or any other supporting materials, e.g. Acceptance Letter Format (only for graduate applicants).
If there is any fraud in the application materials, the application will be disqualified. In registration, all the original documents will be reviewed and the admission will be canceled if there is any fraud or inconsistency.
- Bachelor: see details in the 2020 Bachelor’s Programs in Central South University;
- Master: see details in the 2020 Master’s Programs in Central South University;
- Doctorate: see details in the 2020 Doctorate Programs in Central South University.
The deadline to apply is . For more information on the Central South University Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.