Candidates are invited to apply for the Central South University Scholarship (CSU Scholarship) for International Students. The scholarship aims to recruit international students to study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the Central South University.
Central South University is situated in Changsha, a famous historical and cultural city in Hunan, China, and its campuses are distributed on the east and west of Xiangjiang River. Backed by the majestic Yuelu Mountain and facing the grand Xiangjiang River, CSU has pleasing scenery and is ideal for study and research.
- Host institution: Central South University (CSU), China.
- Fields of Study: Available programs at the university (Literature & Journalism, Foreign Language, Business, Law, Architecture and Art, Public Administration, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Science and Electronics, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Geosciences and Info-physics, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Metallurgical and Environment, Energy Science and Engineering, Resources and Safety Engineering, Minerals Processing and Bio engineering, Aeronautics and Astronautics, Computer Science and Engineering, Basic Medical Science, Life Sciences, etc.). Please check list below.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration : For normal duration of the chosen programme (Bachelor: 4-5 years, Master: 3 years, Doctorate: 4 years).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Central South University Scholarship Benefits
CSU Scholarship will provide following benefits to selected candidates:
- coverage of tuition ;
- on-campus accommodation ;
- medical insurance fees; ;
- monthly stipend of 2000 RMB for bachelor students, 2500 RMB for master students, and 3000 RMB for doctoral students.
- coverage of tuition ;
- on-campus accommodation and ;
- medical insurance fees.
Central South University Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the CSU Scholarship, applicants must have the following profile:
- Excellent Non-Chinese citizens, with no criminal records and in good health.
- Bachelor’s degree, applicants should have a high school degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 30 years old;
- Master’s degree, applicants should have a bachelor degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 35 years old;
- Doctor’s degree, applicants should have a master’s degree or its equivalent and should be 18 to 40 years old;
- Language eligibility:
- Students who apply for Chinese-taught programs should obtain a minimum score of 180 in HSK4 for non-medical programs and 220 for medical programs;
- Students who apply for English-taught programs, should obtain a minimum score of 6 in IELTS or 85 in TOFEL.
Students who cannot meet the requirement of Chinese competence shall take a one-year preparatory course of the Chinese language and pass all relevant exams before embarking on their programs. Those who meet one of the following conditions are exempt from proving their linguistic competence:
- Applicants whose first language or the official language of the country is Chinese or English.
- Applicants who have taken a degree program whose teaching language is in Chinese or English.
- Applicants of postgraduate programs are required to have a strong academic background and innovative research capabilities.
Note: Some programs have their own admission requirement, and applicants shall be qualified before applying.
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships;
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) in Netherlands;
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the Central South University Scholarship has to complete an online application and mail application hard copy materials to the university. Please follow steps below:
Step 1: Online Application
Please click on the apply button below to access the CSU China International Student Service System and register online. Choose Central South University Scholarship for International Students (CSU Scholarship), fill in the application form, submit it and wait for the results (about 2-4 weeks).
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee and Mail Hard copies of Material
After passing the online review, pay the application fee of 500 RMB (90 dollar) to the designated account and prepare the following hard copies of materials (Required documents) IN DUPLICATE in the following order. Incomplete materials will not be accepted.
Note: If you fail to pass the initial review or are rejected, NO NEED to pay the application fee and send the hard copies.
- Printed Application form downloaded on CSU China International Student Service System with applicants’ name signed on it ;
- Photocopy of the passport (Over one year availability) ;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Check. Applicants should strictly be examined in accordance with the requirement of Foreigners Physical Examination Sheet. Incomplete form is regarded as invalid. The examination date shall be after January 1, 2020 ;
- Photocopy of The Highest graduation certificate (or notarized photocopy). If the applicant is currently a student, the pre-graduation certificate issued by school is required ;
- Transcript of the highest diploma (or notarized photocopy) ;
- Non-criminal record with an official stamp. The issue date shall be after January 1, 2020 ;
- Transcript of HSK4 for Chinese-taught programs and IELTS\TOEFL for English-taught programs, or other documents to prove your linguistic competence ;
- The photocopy of a remittance bill for application fee RMB 500 or USD 90.
- Personal statement that indicates the student does not have any other financial support from other institutions ;
- Two different letters of recommendation from professors/ associate professors with detailed contacts (Issuance date shall be after January 1, 2020, only for masters and doctorate) ;
- Study Plan of no less than 800 words (clarify your research background, method, content and significance, etc, only for masters and doctorate) ;
- Acceptance letter from CSU professors (This is a MUST for masters and doctorate).
- Published paper or any other supporting materials
- Bachelor: see details in the 2020 Bachelor’s Programs in Central South University;
- Master: see details in the 2020 Master’s Programs in Central South University;
- Doctorate: see details in the 2020 Doctorate Programs in Central South University.
The deadline to apply is . For more information on the Central South University Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.