Applicants are invited to apply to the 2021-2022 Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master’s and PhD degrees in Germany. The scholarship aims to support international students to study and research at universities in Germany.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarship is aimed at international students and graduates who have acquired a university degree and who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies or a research stay of at least three semesters at a university in Germany.
Fully funded, the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of German universities. The program currently has scholars from 55 countries studying in different subjects such as law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few.
- Host Institutions: Higher educational institutions in Germany.
- Area: Available subjects in German universities.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration : standard duration of 2 years for master degree programs and 3 years for PhD programs.
- Target Group: In 2020 the focus regions is Central Europe, Southeast Asia, Near East and Western Africa.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 850;
- PhD-students receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.200;
- Health care insurance up to the amount of € 120 per month;
- A family allowance of € 276 provided that you and your spouse live together in one place in Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not exceed the amount of € 450 per month;
- Fees resulting from courses at the university in Germany that are directly related to your studies can be refunded up to the amount of € 1.500 per semester.
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarship, candidates must have the following profile:
- have a university degree, as the program do not provide support for bachelor studies;
- prove above average academic performance;
- be no older than 30 when applying;
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level);
- be actively engaged in voluntary work;
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany;
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues;
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights;
- be open to develop their personal points of view and practice tolerance;
- be highly motivated and able to convince the program providers of their goals in life.
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program to the USA;
- IsDB Turkish Government Scholarship;
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
The application process Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarship differs depending on the place you’re living:
A. For candidates living in Germany
Candidates currently living in Germany are welcome to apply for the scholarship via the domestic selection program using the online procedure. Please click on the apply button below to fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please click here for a tutorial on the online application process. Do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered.
B. For candidates living outside Germany
Interviews will be conducted in Budapest, Seoul, Amman and a capital city in a West African country (yet to be determined). If you are living in a country or region close to these cities, you may send your written application directly to the responsible Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung office. Please check their web-sites for the exact procedure and addressee.
Application deadlines are January 15th and July 15th at 12 noon (CET) each year. For more detail on the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.