The Paid Research Assistantships are granted to Graduate Students to work on research projects under the supervision of faculty members. To be eligible for a Research Assistantships, a candidate must first apply to and be accepted in a Master or Doctorate program at UAEU.
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) in located in the United Arab Emirates and is currently ranked #5 in the Arab World and #284 worldwide. The university aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 13,000 Emirati and international students.
- Host Institution(s): United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
- Research Areas: Renewable Energy, Transportation, Education, Health, Water, Technology, Space.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to 2 years for Master Students (depending on research grant duration) and Up to 4 years for Doctorate Students (depending on research grant duration).
- Target group: Open to All Nationalities.
Paid Research Assistantships Benefits
The Paid Research Assistantships will provides successful applicants with a Monthly stipend. The amount depends on the research grant budget.
Graduate programmes at the UAEU
Below is the list of graduate programmes at the United Arab Emirates University.
College of Engineering
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Science in Water Resources
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Architectural Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- PhD in Water Resources
- PhD in Material Science and Engineering.
College of Food and Agriculture
- Master of Science in Horticulture
- Master of Science in Food Science
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition
- PhD in Food Science
- PhD in Horticultural Science
- PhD in Nutritional Sciences
- PhD in Animal Science.
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Governance and Public Policy
- Master of Science in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems.
College of Information Technology
- Master of Science in Software Engineering
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Security
- PhD in Computer Science
- PhD in Software Engineering
- PhD in Network Engineering
- PhD in Computer Engineering
- PhD in Information Technology
- PhD in Information Security.
College of Law
- Doctor of Philosophy in Law
- Master of Public Law
- Master of Private Law.
College of Science
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Space Science
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Environmental Sciences
- PhD in Mathematics
- PhD in Physics
- PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- PhD in Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Geosciences.
College of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Master of Medical Sciences
- Master of Public Health
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences
- PhD in Public Health and Occupational Health.
College of Business and Economics
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration.
Paid Research Assistantships Eligibility
To be eligible for the Paid Research Assistantships, you must:
- You need to be an active graduate student at UAEU.
- You need to have Good Academic Standing (GPA 3.0/4.0).
- Have no other financial sponsorship.
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must complete the “Application Form” and submit (i.e. scan and email) it directly to the principal investigator (PI) of the grant of your interest.
- Research Projects for Master Students.
- Research Projects for PhD Students.
There is no deadline. Application is opened year long. For more detail on the Paid Research Assistantships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.