The Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders is targeted at university graduates from South Africa, the United States of America, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil and India who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience. It addresses prospective decision-makers, multipliers and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration and business as well as society and culture.
The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation, and to explore new solutions to the global issues of our times. With this programme Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow.
- Host Institution(s): Institutions in Germany and Europe.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to one year.
- Target group: Open to citizen of South Africa, United States, the Russian Federation, The People’s Republic of China, Brazil and India.
German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders Benefits
The Fellowship program is a fully funded program that provides successful applicants with the followings:
- The fellowship grant amounts to 2,170 EUR, 2,470 EUR or 2,770 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications. The fellowship also includes a mobility allowance as well as a contribution to health and liability insurance.
- Two-month intensive German language course (August and September). During the spring, a two-week study tour of Germany.
- Other events within the scope of the scholarship include the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation’s annual meeting with a reception held by the Federal President and a final meeting in Berlin which includes a reception at the Federal Chancellery.
- Lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party allowance for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 346 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 274 EUR a month for each child)
- extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully.
German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders Eligibility
To be eligible for this German Chancellor Fellowship program, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a national of the United States, the Russian Federation, The People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India;
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship (1 October of the year following application);
- initial proven leadership experience; applicants with a preponderantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity;
- German or English language skills.
Applicants are selected according to the following criteria:
- previous career and leadership potential;
- significance of fellowship for further career development;
- potential to build bridges between home country and Germany;
- international outlook and future role as an international leader;
- existing knowledge to help complete the project successfully;
- relevance of the project for the dialogue of modern societies.
Eligible applicants should submit their application by using the apply button below and following given instructions.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the German Chancellor Fellowship for Tomorrow’s Leaders, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.