Application for the Canadian Government Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program will be received from to . The Fellowship provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, develop their leadership potential, position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
- Host institutions: Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) in Canada.
- Field of study: Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Number of Awards: 70.
- Duration: 2 years (non-renewable).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Canadian Government Banting Fellowships Benefits
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Canadian Government Banting Fellowships Eligibility
To apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign citizens who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree ;
- Applicants to the 2020-2021 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree ( between September 15, 2017 and September 30, 2021 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award) ;
- Canadian governments (federal, provincial, municipal) and all for-profit organizations are not eligible to participate as host institutions ;
- Applicants can submit only one application per competition year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships;
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students.
Those who would like to apply for the Canada Banting scholarship need to follow steps below to submit their application.
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution;
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts.;
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application;
- Start a ResearchNet application;
- Identify area of research;
- Identify participants;
- Identify referees;
- Enter degree information;
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents;
- Preview application materials;
- Consent and submit application;
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards.
Application will start on and end on . For more details on the Canadian Government Banting Fellowships, please read the application guidelines and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.