Application for the Canadian Government Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program will be received from to . The Fellowship provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, develop their leadership potential, position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
- Host institutions: Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) in Canada.
- Field of study: Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Number of Awards: 70.
- Duration: 2 years (non-renewable).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Canadian Government Banting Fellowships Benefits
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Canadian Government Banting Fellowships Eligibility
To apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada or foreign citizens who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree ;
- Applicants to the 2020-2021 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree ( between September 15, 2017 and September 30, 2021 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award) ;
- Canadian governments (federal, provincial, municipal) and all for-profit organizations are not eligible to participate as host institutions ;
- Applicants can submit only one application per competition year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships;
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students.
Those who would like to apply for the Canada Banting scholarship need to follow steps below to submit their application.
- Confirm eligibility
- Contact your desired host institution;
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts.;
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application;
- Start a ResearchNet application;
- Identify area of research;
- Identify participants;
- Identify referees;
- Enter degree information;
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents;
- Preview application materials;
- Consent and submit application;
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards.
Application will start on and end on . For more details on the Canadian Government Banting Fellowships, please read the application guidelines and visit the official page.