The Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative is a programme free of charge to ambitious young entrepreneurs with academic background. The programme is highly competitive and comprises a 3-days workshop for advanced innovation entrepreneurs, and for the top eight candidates, a 4 days intense business development program in the Swiss startup and business ecosystem.
If you are an entrepreneur with academic background or a startup from a Sub-Saharan African innovation hub in the field of Mobile health, Pharmacometrics, Innovative Financing or Digital Humanities (knowledge transfer) then join the Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative.
- Event: Swiss Africa Business Innovation Initiative: Advanced Startup Training & Swiss Business Development Camp.
- Area: Mobile health, Pharmacometrics, Innovative Financing or Digital Humanities.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Date: October 14th to 16th, 2020.
- Venue: Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Target group: Students, PhD, Postdoc, Academic Staff & Alumni, Entrepreneurs, International Participants from Switzerland and Africa.
Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative Benefits
The program is free of charge. Flights, transport and accommodation expenses on site in Marrakesh are covered by the program. For the Swiss week, flights, transport and accommodation in Switzerland will also be covered by the program.
Note: In case of a further lock down due to Covid19 or flight restrictions for Morocco or participants’ countries this workshop will be offered online.
Swiss Africa Business and Innovation Initiative Eligibility
The programme is open to graduate students – entrepreneurs and startups from African innovation hubs, with a strong link to academia, developing products or services in the fields of mobile health, pharmacometrics, innovative financing and digital humanities (knowledge transfer).
Your project or company must be based on research or technology developed at a local university/research institute.
- Québec Merit Scholarship at Université Laval for Foreign Students;
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program Benefits;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship;
- Global PhD Scholarship in Computer Science For All;
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
Interested applicant must make use of the apply button below to register and follow instructions to submit their application.
- Day 1: Learn to deliver a unique customer value, master a convincing pitch and define a striking business plan;
- Day 2: Shape a winning team and secure funding for growth;
- Day 3:Individual coaching sessions, followed by presentation to an African – Swiss jury and selection of eight candidates for a 4-days action packed entrepreneurial development week in Switzerland.
Candidates will have until (5:59 PM ET) to submit their application. For more details on the Swiss Africa program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.