Applications are now opened for the SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship. This scholarship to study in the province of British Columbia is worth up to $84,000 and offered to qualified domestic and international students entering a master’s or Ph.D. program at the Simon Fraser University in Canada.
The Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship (GDES) is intended for new and current registered full-time students in graduate degree programs at the university. Therefore, anyone willing to be considered for this scholarship to study in Canada needs to apply for a graduate program at the university. This may be your chance to accomplish your dream of studying and living in Canada.
Founded in 1965, Simon Fraser University (SFU) is a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. The university offers Undergraduate graduate throughout its Faculty of Applied Science, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Beedie School of Business, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Environment, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology.
Simon Fraser University is classified among Canada’s top 15 research universities and generated over $161-million in research income last year. SFU has more than 30,000 students from which 20% are international students and 160,000 alumni worldwide.
- Host institution: Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programs at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: PhD Students will receive up to four years of funding while master’s students will receive up to two years of funding.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship to study in British Columbia, Canada is intended for outstanding incoming master’s and PhD students (domestic and international). The Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship is intended to ensure outstanding SFU Master’s and Ph.D. students are provided with the financial support of at least $21,000 per year for the first four years of their Ph.D. studies. Master’s degree students will receive the same amount for up to two years. Departments have the flexibility of contributing to this funding offer using various sources.
Programs at the Simon Fraser University
Below is the list of available schools, faculties and departments that offer graduate programs at the Simon Fraser University.
- Bachelor of Environment
- Beedie School of Business
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology
- Cognitive Science program
- Computing Science
- Contemporary Arts
- Earth Sciences
- Ecological Restoration
- Engineering Science
- Environmental Science program
- Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
- Graduate Liberal Studies program
- Hellenic Studies program
- Heritage Resource Management
- Interactive Arts and Technology
- International Studies
- Labour Studies program
- Latin American Studies program
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Publishing program
- Resource and Environmental Management
- Resource and Environmental Planning
- Sociology Anthropology and
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Sustainable Community Development
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Urban Studies program
- World Languages and Literatures. Please click here for more details.
SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in North America, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- meet minimum admission requirements
- apply for a Master’s or doctoral program at Simon Fraser University
- must be registered full-time in a graduate program at University
- Continuation of the award is conditional on the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress
NB: The scholarship will only be awarded to incoming master’s students at the condition that their academic unit is intending to recruit them to a PhD program in the future. GDES recipients are required to apply each year for external funding (ie. TriCouncil Scholarships, Trudeau Foundation, etc as long as they remain eligible). If they do not, they will forfeit their remaining GDES funding.
- Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students;
- McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship to Study in Canada;
- uLethbridge School of Graduate Studies Scholarship;
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence.
Why study at the Simon Fraser University?
Please watch the short video below to see if the Simon Fraser University is what you’re looking for.
How to Apply for the SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship
Interested candidates in this scholarship to study in North America first need to take admission in a graduate degree program at the Simon Fraser University. Once admitted, students will receive further information on scholarships they qualify for.
The deadline varies per programs and is usually around October-January. For further details on the SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship for Master and Ph.D. students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.