Candidates are welcome to apply for admission to their desired program at the University of Saskatchewan for the 2021-2022 academic year. Admitted students who meet the University of Saskatchewan Scholarships requirement will receive the scholarship or award they are qualified for. Scholarships and awards are available for Canadian citizens, permanent residents as well for international students admitted to an undergraduate degree program.
The USask scholarship program aims to recognize your academic achievements and personal accomplishments. For example, You will automatically be considered for a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship when you apply for admission. With an academic achievement of at least 85% you will receive the scholarship.
Founded in 1907, the University of Saskatchewan (U of S or Usask) is a Canadian public research university located in Saskatchewan, Canada. The University of Saskatchewan is the largest education institution in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Usask is one of Canada’s top research universities and is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (the 15 most research-intensive universities in Canada).
- Host institution: University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available programs at the university.
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: varies (find details below).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
University of Saskatchewan Scholarships Benefits
Scholarships are awarded to deserving students at the time of admission or during their studies. University of Saskatchewan offers various scholarships and awards to its admitted students as shown below:
- The Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships: up to $3,000 ;
- George and Marsha Ivany President’s First & Best Scholarships: $40,000 ($10,000/year over four years) ;
- Chancellors’ Scholarships: $30,000 ($7,500/year over four years) ;
- U of S Entrance Scholarships: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years) ;
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships: $24,000 ($6,000/year over four years) ;
- College of Agriculture and Bio resources Renewable Entrance Scholarships: $12,000 ($3,000/year over four years) ;
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards: $10,000 ;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards: $20,000 ;
- Canadian Curriculum Schools Awards: $15,000 ;
- Council of International School Awards: $15,000 etc.
Fields of Study
The list of available undergraduate programs at the University of Saskatchewan is shown below:
Agriculture, Plants and Animals
Agribusiness, Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Animal Bioscience, Animal Science, Applied Plant Ecology, Biology, Crop Science, Environmental Science, Food and Bio product Sciences, Horticulture Science, Kanawayihetaytan Askiy, Prairie Horticulture, Resource Economics and Policy, Resource Science, Soil Science, Veterinary Medicine.
Business and Economics
Aboriginal Business Administration, Accounting, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Business, Business Economics, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, Kanawayihetaytan Askiy, Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Resource Economics and Policy, .
Life Sciences and Chemistry
Agricultural Biology, Animal Bioscience, Animal Science, Applied Plant Ecology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Bioinformatics, Biological Research, Biology, Biomedical Foundations, Biomedical Neuroscience, Cellular, Physiological and Pharmacological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Crop Science, Environmental Biology, Food and Bio product Sciences, Nutrition, Palaeobiology, Pharmacy, Toxicology.
Environment and Earth Sciences
Archaeology, Civil Engineering, Environment and Society, Environmental Biology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science, Geological Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Horticulture Science, Hydrology, Palaeobiology, Regional and Urban Planning, Resource Science, Sustainability, School of Environment and Sustainability, Toxicology.
Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Biology, Biomedical Foundations, Biomedical Neuroscience, Cellular, Physiological and Pharmacological Sciences, Dental Assisting, Dentistry, Exercise and Sport Studies, Food Science, Health Studies, Medicine, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine.
History, Culture and Arts
Archaeology, Archaeology and Anthropology, Classical and Medieval Latin, Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Drama, English, French, Geology, History, Indigenous Studies, International Studies, Jazz, Jewish & Christian Origins, Music, Music Education, Religion and Culture, Studio Art, Study of Indigenous Storytelling, wîcêhtowin Theatre, Women’s and Gender Studies.
Aboriginal Business Administration, Indian Teacher Education (ITEP), Indigenous Governance and Politics, Indigenous Languages, Indigenous Studies, Kanawayihetaytan Askiy, Saskatchewan Urban Native Teacher Education (SUNTEP), Study of Indigenous Storytelling, wîcêhtowin Theatre.
Languages and Communications
Classical and Medieval Latin, English, English for Academic Purposes, Language Centre, French, Global Studies, Human Resources, Indigenous Languages, Indigenous Studies, Interactive Systems Design, Linguistics, Marketing, Medical language, Modern Languages, Professional Communication, Study of Indigenous Storytelling and more. Please find full list of programs on the university’s website
University of Saskatchewan Scholarships Eligibility
To benefit from one or more of the scholarships listed above, candidates must satisfy.
- minimum admission requirements;
- program-specific requirements;
- language requirements;
- apply for admission to an undergraduate and get admitted.
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa Differential Tuition Fee Exemption;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Ottawa International Admission Scholarship;
- UC President’s Admission Scholarship in Canada;
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
Interested candidates in this scholarship programs to study in Canada must contact the university and get admitted to their preferred program. Upon admission, they will be considered for scholarships or award they are eligible for.
The deadline to apply for admission to be eligible for consideration is . For more details on the University of Saskatchewan Scholarships for undergraduate studies, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.