Applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University are currently being received. This CSC scholarship program main goal is to attract international students to undertake studies at the Harbin Engineering University, and thereby contributing to its internationalization.
Fully funded, this scholarship program is available for students from all over the world who wish to study a Master degree or PhD degree program at the Harbin Engineering University. The CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) Scholarship Program has been created by the Ministry of Education of China to support Chinese universities in attracting outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
Founded in 1953, the Harbin Engineering University (HEU, 哈尔滨工程大学 – Hārbīn Gōngchéng Dàxué) is a public research institution in Harbin, China. The university well known for it expertise in engineering and marine projects. The university has 19 colleges, 4 departments/centers and over 40 research institutes, research and teaching laboratories. The university offers various programs to its students with the collaboration of 3160 Teaching and administrative staff. HEU is also among the Designated Chinese Universities that can host Chinese Government Scholarship students.
- Host Institution: Harbin Engineering University in China.
- Eligible Program: Available Master and PhD programs at Harbin Engineering University.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to 3 years for Master’s degree program and up to 4 years for PhD degree program.
- Target group: Open for all nationalities (except Chinese citizens).
Chinese Government Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University Benefits
Selected candidates for the CSC Chinese University Program to study in Asia will be provided with the following benefits:
- Exemption from tuition fees;
- Accommodation fees;
- Monthly Living allowance;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
Available Programs at Harbin Engineering University
Below is the list of available master’s and PhD programs at Harbin Engineering University.
- Design and Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure
- Fluid Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
- General and Fundamental Mechanics
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Science and Technology
- Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysical
- Marine Engine Engineering
- Control Science and Engineering
- Underwater Acoustics Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Systems Science
- Nuclear Science and Technology.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University Eligibility
To apply for the CSC Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University, Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a foreign citizenship, and in good health;
- Applicants who apply for a Master degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree;
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master degree;
- Excellent academic results (min 75 of 100);
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research;
- Applicants should not apply for any other scholarship.
- CSC Scholarship at Zhejiang Normal University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships.
How to Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this Asia Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Register and submit your online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program Type B. The agent No. of Harbin Engineering University is 10217 (more info here). Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form. For more details, please read the CSC Scholarship application procedure.
Step 2: Harbin Engineering University online registration
Register and submit your online application at Harbin Engineering University Online Application System. Please upload required documents in the system and print the application form after the online submission.
Step 3: Application Submission
Applicants should submit paper application materials (one original and one copy) in time to International Office, Harbin Engineering University with the following address:
Ms. YIN Hua (Rebekka)
International Office, Harbin Engineering University
Room 714, No. 1 Building, NO.145-1, Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, 150001, China
Tel: 0086 451 82568218, 82568266.
- Highest diploma (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). If applicants who are university students or already employed, should provide pre-graduation certificate or employment certificate. The enrolled candidates are required to submit the degree certificate when he/she registers in HEU
- Transcripts (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese). Applicants for Doctoral degree program are required to submit both transcripts of Bachelor and Master Programs
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words). Acceptance letter is not necessary, applicant may write down supervisor options on the study plan
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors (written in English or Chinese with signature)
- Passport copy
- Language Certificate
- Program taught in Chinese: HSK Band 4 certificate or above
- Program taught in English: TOEFL 79 or IELTS 5.5 or English Proficiency Certificate from home university
- Noncriminal certificate (Original notarized photocopy in English or Chinese)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examination result is generally valid for 6 months.
Note: There is no application fee to apply for this scholarship program. All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English. For any inquiry please send your request to [email protected].
The deadline to submit applications for this Chinese scholarship program is . For more details on the Chinese Government Scholarship at Harbin Engineering University, please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.