Applicants are invited to apply to the University of Adelaide Research Scholarships (formerly Adelaide Scholarships International – ASI) 2021-2022. This Scholarship to study in Australia aims to attract high quality international students to undertake a Research Master’s degrees or a Research PhD degrees at the University of Adelaide.
The Midyear Round 2021 for the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) application is now open. The scholarship is fully funded and open to available programs in all Faculties at the University of Adelaide in Australia.
The primary goal of this Australia scholarship is to recruit highly qualified overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
University of Adelaide Research Scholarships Details
- Host Institution: The University of Adelaide in Australia.
- Eligible Program: Any Master’s degree by Research or Doctoral Research Degree offered at the University.
- Duration: up to 2 years for a Research Master’s degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for PhD programs.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Target group: International students (except New Zealand).
University of Adelaide Research Scholarships Benefits
The Adelaide Scholarships International provides successful applicants with:
- a living allowance of:
- a tax-free stipend of $28,597 pa in 2021 (indexed annually) for Full-time students
- a taxable stipend of $14,298 pa in 2021 (indexed annually) for Half-time students
- Publication Allowance
- $840 for Doctoral candidates
- $420 for Masters by Research candidates
- All students receive the benefit of an RTP Fee Offset (or Tuition Fee Waiver for international students in receipt of a University of Adelaide Research Scholarship) which covers the cost of tuition fees as a Higher Degree by Research student of the University for the standard duration of the program. The RTP Fee Offset is provided through the support of the Australian Government and is valued at $31,231 (2021 rate) per annum (indexed annually)
- Financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy
- A student who relocates to Adelaide to commence their program of study at the University of Adelaide is entitled to receive a relocation allowance. They must complete the Relocation Allowance Claim Form within 3 months of travel. Please click here to download the form.
- $1,000 per adult (maximum of 2 adults); and
- $500 per dependent child.
University of Adelaide Research Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for Adelaide Scholarship, Applicants must:
- be eligible to enrol in a full-time Higher Degree by Research (HDR) program at the University of Adelaide
- not currently be in receipt of an RTP Scholarship, an overseas sponsored scholarship, or any other equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset HDR fees.
- not be in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed degree (equivalent being defined as greater than 75% of the base stipend).
- be able to commence their research in Semester 1 (Major Round) or in Semester 2 (Mid-Year Round).
- maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment at the University.
- provide evidence of meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date for their application to be considered.
- Qualifications in progress will not be considered when determining scholarship eligibility unless the qualification has been satisfactorily completed by the scholarship closing date. Not applicable to domestic students completing a qualification at an Australian university will be eligible for consideration.
- Master of Philosophy (No Honors) applicants only:
- Must be completing, or have completed and been awarded a relevant Bachelor Degree or equivalent with an achieved minimum of a distinction average (GPA of 6.0 or above).
- Eligibility for international students is restricted to students completing, or who have completed, their Bachelor degree at the University of Adelaide only.
- Applicants must not have commenced, be currently enrolled or hold an Honors Degree or a postgraduate qualification of any kind at any university.
- Previous Applicants
- Domestic applicants who have previously applied and were unsuccessful in gaining a scholarship are eligible to reapply for scholarship in any subsequent round. All rounds are extremely competitive and applying in a subsequent round will not guarantee success.
- International applicants who have been considered in two scholarship rounds within an 18-month period must wait for a minimum of two years, from the date of their most recent application outcome, before reapplying. After this two-year period, applicants must be able to demonstrate evidence of significant additional research output or additional qualifications in order for their subsequent scholarship application to be considered.
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students.
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Top Scholarships in France for Foreign Students;
- Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
Eligible candidates who are interested in the Adelaide ASI Scholarships must click on the apply button below to apply through the online application platform.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Adelaide Research Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.