Applications are now opened for the CSA Group Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship to study in Canada has been created to support graduate students in any field working on a topic that is related to standards. Graduate students studying at the Master’s level at accredited public universities in Canada are eligible to receive the award.
The research can be conducted in any field (e.g. engineering, social sciences, health sciences) and must include standards as component of the research. The topic does not need to be related to an area where CSA Group already has standards. The research may investigate aspects of an existing standard or may explore an area for future standards’ development.
The mission of CSA Group’s Standard Development organization is to enhance the lives of Canadians through the advancement of standards in the public and private sectors. The group’s global commercial subsidiaries generate funding for continued standards research and development.
CSA Group’s commercial subsidiaries provide expert testing, inspection, and certification services that enable manufacturers to demonstrate that their products are in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and operating performance standards for markets around the world. They offer deep expertise and industry-leading service delivery across a wide range of current and emerging technologies.
- Host institution: Publicly funded and accredited Canadian universities in Canada.
- Fields of study: Any. Candidates just need to include standards as component of their research.
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: up to two (2) years.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
CSA Group Graduate Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship to study in North America is intended for master’s degree students in any field that include standards as component of their research. The scholarship will provide $10,000 per year for a maximum duration of two years.
CSA Group Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Canada, candidates must be:
- accepted to a graduate program for full time studies at the Masters level, or must be currently be enrolled in a Master’s program at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian university
- accepted to or enrolled in a Master’s program to hold the award
- enrolled at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian university.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of five to six CSA Group staff members. Applications will be evaluated based on three selection criteria:
Academic Excellence (40%)
- Indicators of academic excellence are based on the applicant’s current level of study and include:
- Academic record
- Scholarships and awards
- Publication record
- Past research experience
- Duration of past studies
- Type of program and courses pursued
- Consideration of breaks in study (e.g. maternity leave, illness, etc.).
Quality of the Research Proposal (50%)
- Determined based on the clarity, potential impact and scientific relevance of the proposed research question and methodology. Indicators of quality include:
- Significance and feasibility of proposed research
- Potential impact of research on standards
- Quality of the written proposal.
Applicant Characteristics and Related Experience (10%)
- Determined based on the level and quality of involvement in work, academic and extracurricular activities.
- Involvement in activities that demonstrate leadership and contributing to one’s community
- Demonstration of volunteerism/community outreach, involvement in academic life
- Demonstration of project management and organizational skills.
- Dell Scholarship Program to Study in the USA;
- Korean Government Scholarship for Undergraduate Students;
- University of Toronto Admission Scholarships for International Students;
- McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship to Study in Canada.
Why study Canada?
Please watch the short video below to see if Canada is a good destination for you.
Interested candidates in this Canada scholarship must submit the required documents to [email protected] by the deadline.
- Application Form
- Letter of support from supervisor
- Referee Forms from two referees, sent directly by the referees to [email protected] by the required deadline.
All documents must be received by . For further details on the CSA Group Graduate Scholarship for Master’s students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.