Applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University are now open. The CSC Chinese University Program is fully funded and aims to attract international students to undertake studies at the Wuhan University, China.
The scholarship is available for all qualified individuals willing to study in China at Master and PhD level. The Chinese Government Scholarship Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
Funded in 1893, Wuhan University (WHU, 武汉大学 – Wǔhàn Dàxué) is a prestigious research university in Wuhan, Hubei, China. WHU is one of the designated Chinese universities to admit foreign students under the Chinese Government Scholarship. The university has a very well-known reputation for research in the fields of hydraulic engineering, remote sensing, social sciences, and survey engineering.
- Host Institution: Wuhan University in China.
- Eligible Program: Available Master and PhD programs at Wuhan University.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to 3 years for Master’s degree program and up to 4 years for PhD degree program.
- Target group: Open for all nationalities (except Chinese citizens).
Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University Benefits
Selected candidates for the CSC Chinese University Program to study in Asia will be provided with the following benefits:
- Exemption from registration fee, tuition and accommodation fees;
- Monthly Living allowance:
- Master’s degree students: 3000 RMB/month;
- PhD degree students: 3500 RMB/month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
Available English Programs at Wuhan University
Below is the list of available English medium master’s and PhD programs at Wuhan University. Applicants can also study in available Chinese programs.
- Master of International Business
- Master of International Law
- Master of Electronic Information
- Master of Media and Communications Study
- Master of Cyberspace Security
- Master of Clinical Medicine
- Master of Geospatial Information Technology
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Civil and Water Resources
- Master of Electrical Engineering
- Doctor of Software Engineering
- Doctor of Geospatial Information Technology
- Doctor of Environmental Law
- Doctor of Cyberspace Security
- Doctor of International Law
- Doctor of Chemistry
- Doctor of Regional Economics
- Doctor of Electrical Engineering
Please visit the official website to view the full list of available programs (English and Chinese) at the Wuhan University.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University Eligibility
To apply for the CSC scholarship at Wuhan University, Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a foreign citizenship, and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a Master degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master degree.
- Applicants should not be in possession of any other types of scholarship.
- Language requirements:
- Applicants of Chinese-medium programs should have at least HSK level four certificate
- Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for the major study directly. Those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University.
- Applicants of English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test，TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5.
- Those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and they will be required to participate in an additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking applicants can be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants for English-medium graduate program of clinical medicine should have HSK Level four or above certificate. Those applicants who have not reached HSK Level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- Chinese Government Scholarship EU Program;
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China;
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships.
How to Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this scholarships to study in Asia must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Register and submit your online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program (Type B. The agent No. of Wuhan University is 10486 (more info here). Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form. For more details, please read the CSC Scholarship application procedure.
Step 2: Wuhan University online registration
Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International. Please choose sources of funds — Chinese Government Program. After completing the online application and uploading required documents in the system., please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University”.
Step 3: Application Submission
Applicants do not need to send hard copies of application documents to the university. Some applicants will receive an interview notice in early April. Only applicants who have passed the preliminary evaluation of the university and are informed by email notice (around the end of April) should submit hard copies of application documents in two sets by DHL or EMS.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University.
- Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by their current school to prove not only their current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date.
- Study Plan (no less than 800 words).
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- A scanned copy of the Ordinary Passport information page. An applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of the information page of his/her passport that will not expire on or before March 1, 2023.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
- Valid HSK certificate is required if applying for Chinese-medium program. Valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- An acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (can be downloaded here, filled in Chinese or English),which is not mandatory, but will serve as a priority of preliminary evaluation in granting the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Criminal record.
There is no application fee for the application of Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program in Wuhan University. Applicants should apply directly to Wuhan University and cannot submit application document through any intermediary agencies.
Incomplete application document or wrong Wuhan University code information will not be accepted. Please ensure that an accurate phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode, city name) are provided.
Note: For any inquiry please send your request to Ms. Yuan on [email protected]. All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University, please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.