Applications are currently being received for the University of Turin Scholarship for international students, for the 2021-2022 academic year. Funded by the University of Turin, the program provides two-year scholarships to support deserving students. Scholarships are awarded to international students enrolling for 2021-2022 academic year in the first year of a Master’s degree program offered by the University of Turin.
This scholarship cannot be cumulated with study grants issued under international programs (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree of the Erasmus Plus program), study grants issued by the Italian Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ministry (MAECI) and study grants issued by EDISU Piemonte, Regional Agency for the Right to Education of Piedmont. This is a unique opportunity for those willing to study and live in Italy.
Founded in 1404, The University of Turin (UNITO – Università degli Studi di Torino) is a public multidisciplinary institution located in the city of Turin in Italy. It is one of the oldest universities in the world that continues to play an important role in research and training. It is steadily ranked among the top 5 Italian universities, and it is ranked third for research activities in Italy. You may also check the list of Top Scholarships to Study in France for foreign students.
- Host institution: University of Turin in Italy.
- Eligible program: postgraduate degree program offered by the University of Turin.
- Number of scholarships: 13.
- Duration: up to two years.
- Target group: open to citizens of all nationalities.
University of Turin Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for this scholarship to study in Europe will receive a gross amount of 9,000 euros per year. The 13 two-year scholarships will be assigned according to the following categories:
- 3 scholarships reserved for international students with Japanese citizenship
- 4 scholarships reserved for international students from the following countries: Algeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Tunisia, Union of the Comoros
- 2 scholarships reserved for international students with Mexican citizenship
- 4 scholarships reserved for international students with any other citizenship different from those listed above.
In the event that scholarships listed in sections a, b, c are not awarded, they will be assigned in addition to those reserved for international students mentioned in section d. If more funds available, the number of scholarships may increase proportionally to the budget. In that case, the allocation of the additional scholarships will be evenly distributed among the categories specified, according to the following order of priority: a, b, c, d.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Turin Scholarship
To be considered an international student eligible to apply for this call, you must:
- Hold a valid qualification providing access to a postgraduate degree program obtained outside the Italian education system;
- NOT have Italian citizenship;
- NOT reside in Italy;
- Holding a qualification obtained in an institution outside the Italian system, valid to access the chosen Postgraduate Degree program, or obtaining it within the deadline established in this call for application in the University of Turin;
- Meeting the necessary requirements to access the chosen degree program at the time of enrollment in such degree program (check the admission requirements for the degree program of your interest on apply.unito.it);
- Having sent the application for the degree program(s) of your interest through the [email protected] platform before the deadline;
- Having linguistic proficiency in Italian (for degree programs taught in Italian) or in English (for degree programs taught in English), equal to at least a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- Not having been previously enrolled in an undergraduate, postgraduate or 5-6 years postgraduate degree program at the University of Turin;
- Not being older than 29 on the deadline date of the call for application;
- NOT being an Italian citizen and NOT being resident in Italy.
- Labex IRMIA Masters scholarships to study in France;
- EURECOM Excellence Scholarships To Study in France;
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists;
- University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship for All;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
Why Choose to Study at the University of Turin?
The University of Turin offers demanding, multidisciplinary and innovative training, research excellence, a privileged study environment, a dynamic campus life and an international outlook. Please watch the video to get an idea.
How to apply to the University of Turin Scholarship
Applications shall be submitted before the deadline through the online procedure. Anyone wishing to submit an application shall:
- Click on the apply button below to register
- Select the program/s you are interested in and submit your application on [email protected]
- Use the applicant code you received while registering to [email protected], in order to fill in the scholarship form.
Applications received after the deadline or applications received through other means or incomplete of all required documents will not be eligible. Students who did not complete/submit the application form on apply.unito.it cannot apply for the scholarship. When submitting the application for this call for application, candidates must provide, under penalty of inadmissibility:
- certification of linguistic proficiency equal to at least a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- names (minimum 2 – maximum 3) of Professors from the foreign University of origin, who can be contacted by the University of Turin to request reference letters;
- copy of the foreign academic qualification (e.g. Bachelor’s degree) and related study plan (transcript of records);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation Letter.
The deadline to submit applications for the University of Turin Scholarship is . For more details on the University of Turin Scholarship, please visit the official website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.