Candidates can now apply to the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship program. The program has been initiated to encourage excellence in postgraduate research, by providing financial support to talented students enrolling in an eligible doctoral degree program at the university.
Up to 75 Scholarships will be awarded to high-achieving candidates applying for admission to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand that provide a future-focused, international education and is an active player in global research. With more than eight thousands local students and more than two thousands international students, the university is ranked 375 in the QS world university ranking.
- Host institution: University of Waikato in New Zealand.
- Fields of study: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- Number of awards: up to 75.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to all Nationalities (International students, New Zealand citizens and permanent residents).
University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates will have the following benefits:
- A living allowance of $25,000 in total every 12 months, payable in monthly installments for up to 36 months (three years) in total;
- The domestic tuition fees for enrollment in the doctoral qualification during the term of the Scholarship;
- The Student Services Levy.
University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are international students, New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. Furthermore, candidates must satisfy below criteria:
- be enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- be normally seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
- Candidates employed by the University of Waikato will not be eligible for the Scholarship, except when permission is granted.
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship.
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below and to submit a complete Application to Enrol by the deadline in order to be considered.
Applications deadline for Autumn intake is . For more detail on the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.