Applications are currently being received for the University of Paris scholarships for foreign students, for the 2021-2022 academic year. Funded by the IdEx Université de Paris, The MIEM program aims to promote the internationalization of master’s programs and facilitate the arrival of the best international students in order to create a pool of excellence for the recruitment of future doctoral students.
This scholarship program to study in Europe also aims to train future highly qualified professionals who will participate in the economic and social development of their country of origin. Thus, the university will have contributed to the training of foreign scientists who are experts in their field and future academic executives or senior officials in their country of origin or in France.
The University of Paris is a public multidisciplinary institution which includes four major training sectors: Arts, Humanities and Languages, Human, Economic and Social Sciences, Science and Technology, Medicine , Dentistry, Pharmacy and Nursing. The University of Paris is the result of the merger of the universities of Paris Descartes and Paris Diderot, and the integration of the Paris Institute of Globe Physics as a component institution.
- Host institution: University of Paris (Université de Paris) in France.
- Eligible program: Preselected Master programs (More details on the eligibility criteria).
- Number of Awards: not specified.
- Duration: It is awarded for one year, non-renewable and without possible postponement.
- Target group: open to citizens of all nationalities.
Benefits of the University of Paris Scholarships
91 scholarships will be awarded to students admitted to the courses listed in the call for applications. The scholarships are distributed as follows:
- Faculty of Sciences: 35 scholarships of 8 000€ each
- Faculty of Health: 28 scholarships of 10 000€ each
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences: 35 scholarships of 8 000€ each
- IPGP: 7 scholarships of 10 000€ each.
Also Check : France Excellence Europa Scholarship Program
Eligibility criteria for the University of Paris Scholarships
Only students applying to the short-listed masters are eligible for a MIEM scholarship.
You can find the list of the Masters pre-selected by the Faculties of Sciences, Humanities and Social sciences and IPGP (Institut de Physique du Globe) on this document.
You can find the list of the Masters pre-selected by the Faculty of Health on the website: https://u-paris.fr/choisir-sa-formation/ (Please click on “master” in the course catalog).
They must also meet the following criteria:
- Be of foreign nationality and newcomers to French universities;
- Hold a foreign baccalaureate or national diploma certifying the end of secondary education (it corresponds to the international level CITE/ISCED 3);
- Students applying for the 1st year of Master (Master 1) must hold a foreign degree equivalent to a French Bachelor’s degree;
- Students applying for the 2nd year of Master must hold a foreign degree equivalent to the French Master 1;
In addition to these general criteria, each master’s degree will apply its own selection criteria. A candidate will only be declared a laureate in the MIEM scholarship program once he/she has been officially admitted to the chosen master’s program.
- Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship for International Students;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Catholic KAAD Scholarship for Christians;
- Top Scholarships in France for Foreign Students;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
Why Choose to Study at the University of Paris?
The University of Paris offers demanding, multidisciplinary and innovative training, research excellence, a privileged study environment, a dynamic campus life and an international outlook. Please watch the introductory video to get an idea.
How to apply to the University of Paris Scholarships
Candidates who wish to apply to the University of Paris scholarship program must follow the following steps:
Step 1: Application
The student sends his application to the SRI Pole: [email protected]. Incomplete files (admission and / or MIEM scholarship application) will not be investigated. It is up to the student to check that his file is correctly completed and accompanied by the supporting documents requested. Otherwise, the IRS reserves the right to refuse the application.
Step 2: Study your file
The SRI Pole verifies the eligibility of students and sends the application files to each faculty. Each faculty organizes the selection of students and the distribution of scholarships between courses, according to its own academic criteria. A main list and a secondary list of winners are established.
Step 3: Notifications
The Strategy and International Relations Department will be responsible for notifying each laureate by email on April 15, 2021 that they have obtained the MIEM grant. The student has 15 days to confirm acceptance of the MIEM UP scholarship. Without a response from him, from the 16th day, the student is considered to have resigned and the scholarship is lost. A candidate from the complementary list will be contacted.
The deadline to submit applications for the University of Paris Scholarships is . For more details, please visit the official website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.