The Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship aims to promote access for international students to its Master’s programmes, delivered by its member institutions, and to make it easier for highly-qualified international students to join the University, especially for those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
Scholarships will be awarded to the best candidates, for the 2020-2021 academic year. Established with the IDEX funding of the 3rd Programme Investissements d’Avenir, and awarded based on academic achievements for are awarded for 1 or 2 years to students enrolled in a Master’s programme.
- Host institutions: Université Paris-Saclay, France.
- Fields of Study: Students admitted to Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programmes, and enrolled at one of the following member institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, Université d’Evry Val d’Essonne, Paris-Sud University, Université Versailles St-Quentin.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration : up to 2 years.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the 2020-2021 Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship will have the following benefits:
- An amount of 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months (September to June).
- A maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses can also be awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- Laureates will receive their scholarship as well as travel expenses only upon arrival in France and once they have enrolled in the programme to which they were admitted.
Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Paris-Saclay Scholarship, candidates must be
- Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s programme and whose institution of administrative enrolment is one of the following: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UVSQ, UEVE, Paris-Sud University. Among these students, only those who answer one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students, aged 30 and less during the course of the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, previously or currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification.
- Students of foreign nationality living on the French soil for less than a year, taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have lived in France in the past, within the framework of a mobility programme during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programme…) that did not lead to certification.
- All students who have been or who are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies, except international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Students who have interrupted their studies for more than 3 consecutive years.
- Students receiving any other type of funding whose amount exceeds 650 € per month.
You may also be eligible for the:
- UN Fellowship for People of African Descent;
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- Canada’s Emerging Leaders in the Americas Scholarship;
- Japan and World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists;
- University of Jinan Scholarship for International Students.
To be considered for the scholarships, students must first be admitted to a Master’s Programme offered at Université Paris-Saclay. Being admitted into a master’s program of the University does not automatically entitle you to a scholarship. Only students who receive an email from Université Paris-Saclay inviting them to apply for a Université Paris-Saclay IDEX scholarship will be able to submit an application. No unsolicited application is allowed.
- Selected students will automatically be sent a link by email to an online application form. Upon receipt of this email, students wishing to apply will need to complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who would be willing to submit a reference for the candidate.
- Each of the two references named by the candidate will be sent a link by email to an online recommendation form. They will be asked to complete and submit the form prior to the closing day of the scholarship call.
- The application file for a scholarship will be considered complete when both recommendation forms have been submitted by the two references.
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will automatically be rejected.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship, please visit the official page.