Applications for the 2022-2023 Turkish Government Scholarship program is now open. Türkiye bursları (Turkish Scholarship) is a Fully Funded program that is available for Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral degree studies. The Scholarship is open to outstanding international students from all over the world willing to pursue full-time or short-term programs at prestigious Turkish universities.
This scholarship program to study in Turkey is open for a variety of programs available at Turkish universities. Please click here if you wish to apply for the Turkish Government Research Scholarship program. The Turkish government-funded Scholarship aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
The number of international students studying in higher education institutions in Turkey has seriously increased in the last 10 years making Turkey, one of the most international students welcoming countries in the world. The Turkish Scholarship is open for more than 40 000 programs at 207 universities.
If you wish to learn Turkish language for free online like in Turkish language institutes, please click here. You may also click on the following link to have information about the Turkish Scholarship Interview, Result Announcement, and Visa Application.
- Host Institution: Partner Turkish Universities (available in the application system) in Turkey.
- Eligible Program: Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD Programs in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Turkish Universities (available in the application system).
- Number of Awards: About 5000.
- Duration: Undergraduate (1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years), Master’s (1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years), PhD (1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years).
- Target group: Open to Citizens of all countries except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship.
Turkish Government Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for this government scholarship will have the following advantages:
- University and program placement;
- Monthly Stipend allowance:
- Bachelor’s degree students : 1000 TL,
- Master’s degree students : 1400 TL,
- PhD degree students : 1800 TL.
- Tuition Fee;
- Once-off Return Flight Ticket;
- Health Insurance;
- Social and cultural activities;
- One-year Turkish Language Course.
Turkish Government Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the Turkish scholarship requirements shown below in order to apply for the program:
- Be a citizen of any country except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship
- Minimum Academic Criteria (minimum academic achievement for):
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%;
- Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%;
- Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria (have a maximum of):
- 21 to apply for Undergraduate programs;
- 30 for Master’s programs;
- 35 for Doctorate programs.
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022) can apply;
- Individuals who are currently enrolled in programs at Turkish universities at the level of education they will apply for are not eligible. This means a master student currently studying in turkey cannot apply for the scholarship to study at the master’s degree level but can apply for a PhD program.
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- Top 45+ Scholarships to Study in Canada for International Students;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship.
Turkish Government Scholarship Application instructions
The Turkish Scholarship application is only available through the online application platform. Therefore, international students who wish to apply for this scholarship must follow the steps below:
- Please click on the apply button below to create your account on the Turkish scholarship online application plateforme;
- Fill online form and upload all required documents (scanned copies). Candidates do not need to translate their documents. It will also be beneficial for candidates to include their extracurricular activities and achievements in different fields;
- Chose your potential host universities (in order of preference). Please pay attention to each program requirements;
- Write an original letter of intent explaining your preferences, expectations and future goals;
- After reviewing all the stage and documents, submit the application.
Note : Candidates should be very careful while choosing their programs at different universities. Each program has its GPA and language requirements that applicants need to meet in order to be accepted. Choosing areas of study that are not consistent with your previous studies or choosing different unrelated programs at various universities may eliminate your applicantion during the evaluation phase.
All candidates must upload the following documents to the Turkish online application system.
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport;
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year;
- National exam results (if any);
- Diploma OR temporary graduation certificate;
- International exam results (like GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if requested by the chosen university or program;
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF, if requested by the chosen university or program;
- A research for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for doctoral applications).
Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in the Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide language proficiency certificates that meet the program requirements.
The online application system is available in eight languages (Turkish, English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Farsi, Bosnian) to allow applicants to easily submit their applications. Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system. Those who have created an account in the past should be able to use it for their application.
The Turkish scholarship 2022-2023 deadline is . For more detail, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.