The application call for the 2020-2021 Turkish Government Scholarship is now open. Türkiye bursları (Turkish Scholarship) is a Fully Funded programme that is available for Bachelors, Master’s and doctoral degree studies. The Scholarships is open to outstanding international students from all over the world willing to pursue full-time or short-term program at prestigious Turkish universities.
Turkish government-funded Scholarship aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
- Host Institution: Partner Turkish Universities (available in the application system).
- Eligible Programme: Bachelors, Masters or PhD Programmes in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Turkish Universities (available in the application system).
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Undergraduate (1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years), Master’s (1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years), PhD (1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years).
- Target group: Open to Citizens of all countries except Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish their citizenship.
Turkish Government Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Turkish Government Scholarship will have the following advantages:
- University and program placement;
- Monthly Stipend allowance;
- Tuition Fee;
- Once-off Return Flight Ticket;
- Health Insurance;
- One year Turkish Language Course.
Turkish Government Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the Turkish scholarship requirements shown below in order to apply for the programme:
- Be a citizen of any country except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship
- Minimum Academic Criteria (minimum academic achievement for):
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%;
- Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%;
- Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria (be under the age of):
- 21 for Undergraduate programs;
- 30 for Master’s programs;
- 35 for Doctorate programs.
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2020) can apply.
Turkish Government Scholarship Application instructions
The Turkish Scholarship application is only available through the online application platform. Therefore, international students must click on the apply button below, create an account and login to fill the application form. Those who have created an account the past can use it for their application. Please login, follow instructions to fill the form, upload required documents and submit your application.
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport;
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application);
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification);
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation;
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application);
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university program);
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university program);
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only).
Please Note: Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted. Please upload all required documents in the online application system. Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
To facilitate application processing and admission at universities, applicants are strongly advised to use their passport (not compulsory) as identification document, or at least hold and present a valid passport during the scholarship interviews.
Turkish Scholarship Timeline
- Applications Open on: January 15th, 2020;
- Applications Close on: February 20th, 2020;
- Evaluation: February – May 2020;
- Interviews: March – June 2020;
- Results Announcement: July 2020;
- Scholarship Agreement and Visa Procedures: July – August 2020;
- Arrival in Turkey: 10 – 20 September 2020.