Applications for the 2021-2022 Turkish Government Scholarship program will be received from January 10, to February 20, 2021. Türkiye bursları (Turkish Scholarship) is a Fully Funded program that is available for Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral degree studies. The Scholarship is open to outstanding international students from all over the world willing to pursue full-time or short-term program at prestigious Turkish universities.
This scholarship program to study in Turkey is opened for a variety of programs available at Turkish universities. Please click here if you wish to apply for the Turkish Government Research Scholarship program. The Turkish government-funded Scholarship aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
The number of international students studying in higher education institutions in Turkey has increased by 75% in the last 10 years. By referring to recent Statistics, approximately 150 thousand international students (including 17 thousand scholarship holders), are currently studying in Turkey. This make Turkey, one of the most international student welcoming countries in the world.
If you wish to learn Turkish language for free online like in Turkish language institutes, please click here. You may also click on the following link to have information about the Turkish Scholarship Interview, Result Announcement and Visa Application.
- Host Institution: Partner Turkish Universities (available in the application system) in Turkey.
- Eligible Program: Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD Programs in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Turkish Universities (available in the application system).
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Undergraduate (1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years), Master’s (1 year Turkish Language course + 2 years), PhD (1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years).
- Target group: Open to Citizens of all countries except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship.
Turkish Government Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the Turkish Government Scholarship will have the following advantages:
- University and program placement;
- Monthly Stipend allowance;
- Tuition Fee;
- Once-off Return Flight Ticket;
- Health Insurance;
- One year Turkish Language Course.
Turkish Government Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the Turkish scholarship requirements shown below in order to apply for the program:
- Be a citizen of any country except Turkish citizens and those who have lost their Turkish citizenship
- Minimum Academic Criteria (minimum academic achievement for):
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%;
- Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%;
- Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria (be under the age of):
- 21 for Undergraduate programs;
- 30 for Master’s programs;
- 35 for Doctorate programs.
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before September 2021) can apply.
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship;
- Government of Azerbaijan Scholarship for International Students;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Government of Hungary Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- French Government Scholarship;
- Swedish Government Scholarship.
Turkish Government Scholarship Application instructions
The Turkish Scholarship application is only available through the online application platform. Therefore, international students must click on the apply button below, create an account and login to fill the application form. Those who have created an account in the past can use it for their application. Please log in, follow instructions to fill the form, upload required documents and submit your application.
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport;
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application);
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification);
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation;
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application);
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university program);
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university program);
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only).
Please Note: Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted. Please upload all required documents in the online application system. Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
To facilitate application processing and admission at universities, applicants are strongly advised to use their passport (not compulsory) as identification document, or at least hold and present a valid passport during the scholarship interviews.