Application for the MEXT Scholarship for Teacher Training Students for the 2022-2024 academic year is now open. The Scholarship is offered by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan to international teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at designated Japanese universities as Teacher Training Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program.
The program aims to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world. The training mainly consists of educational administration (examples: educational administration and finance, school management), educational methods (examples: classroom teaching, learning system theory, curriculum, and educational assessment), specialized subject research (examples: mathematics, physics, chemistry, and gymnastics), and observational tours and practice (examples: class observations, participation in special educational activities, and tours of educational research facilities). However, as the course contents vary with each university, please make sure to check on the course guide.
A grantee who has completed a specified course at the accepting university will be given a certificate from the university. Please be aware that the purpose of this scholarship program is not to obtain an academic degree. The grantee, therefore, shall return to the home country by the end of the final month of the scholarship period after the completion of the course and resume their work as a teacher at his/her primary/secondary educational institution or teacher training school. The grantee cannot be enrolled in a master’s or a doctorate course at a Japanese university during his/her scholarship period or right after its completion. If a grantee fails both conditions, he/she may be ordered to return the entire amount of the scholarship paid during the scholarship period.
- Host Institution: Partner institutions in Japan.
- Language of Instruction: The training at universities will be conducted in Japanese or English.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: the necessary period for the completion of the accepting university’s training course, which should be between October 2022 (or the starting month of the course) and March 2024.
- Target group: Open to nationals of countries that have diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
MEXT Scholarship for Teacher Training Students Benefits
The program is fully funded and it will provide successful applicants with the following benefits:
- Allowance: 143,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Transportation: MEXT will provide round trip economy-class flight ticket to and from Japan.
MEXT Scholarship for Teacher Training Students Eligibility:
Applicants willing to apply for the MEXT Scholarship For Teacher Training Students must meet the following requirements:
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
- Age: In principle, applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1987. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country (military service obligation, loss of educational opportunities due to disturbances of war, etc.).
- Academic and Career Background:
- Applicants must be graduates of universities or
- teacher Training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or
- teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for a total period of five years or more as of October 1, 2022
- In-service faculty members in a higher education institution are not eligible.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Top 25 Scholarships to Study in Asia (Currently Open);
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship for International Students;
- Top Scholarships in France for Foreign Students.
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this scholarships to study in Asia must submit the application form with all required documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission in their country by the designated deadline. Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Application Form (Use the FY2022 Application Form);
- Placement Preference Application Form (Use the FY2022 Preference Form);
- Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university/teacher training school attended;
- The diploma from the last university/teacher training school attended;
- Certificate of employment;
- Recommendation letter from the immediate supervisor at work;
- Medical certificate (Use the FY2022 certificate form);
- Certificate of Japanese language ability (if available).
NB: These documents must be written in Japanese or English, or translations in either of these languages should be attached. Please click here to see sample of past examination questions.
The deadline to submit applications to this Japanese Government MEXT program varies for each Japanese diplomatic mission. Make sure to confirm the deadline by contacting the nearest Japanese diplomatic mission or through their website. For more details on the MEXT Scholarship for Teacher Training Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
i wanna apply for teacher training
but which website i will apply
please read the “Application instructions” section
before you write ,be careful to read all instruction because are there
Hello.i am wali Rahman from pakistan i apply for teacher traning in Japan
But tell me about test date and method
Please ask the embassy, they are the one in charge of that. You may visit this page which shows past Examination Questions.
I am TUYISENGE JEAN MARIE VIANNEY I want to apply this teacher training student schoolariship but I will end my bachelor degree in 2020-2021, how can you help me
Host institutions name list in Japan for MEXT scholarship for teachers student teaching,,, Thanks advance.
Please ask the Japanese diplomatic representation in your country. You will later submit your application there.
I am Rubanda theogene from Rwanda nation.I faced a problem in choosing the course and University.when I visit course guide I lack the information.
I am an English teacher from Sri Lanka with a Diploma in English and have 6 year work experience .can I apply for this scholarship and when it will take next batch?
WHERE TO FIND NAME OF UNIVERSITIES PROVIDIND SPECIFIC RESEARCH FIELD.
I am happy to know about Great Youth Opportunities
Kindly furnish me names of universities , subject codes and related teaching fields.
Please ask the Japanese embassy in your country.
Ignace from rwanda and awarded this chance last year and deferred due to covid 19,probably and leave this comming october 2021, any rwandese needs a help, call 0788839434
Please can I have course guide for teachers training program.Thanks
Please let me know which documents are mandatory to send at Japan diplomatic mission… Only last degree or all the academic certificates from high school to bechlor level..
Please ask the Japan diplomatic mission
Hello, I am from Ethiopia.
I want to apply for PhD. program and also working on Agricultural TVET college ‘Land administration and Management’ trainer and born on Nov, 1987. am I eligible/ qualify for scholarship program?. Thanks.