Application for the INSA–JRD Tata Fellowship Programme is now open. This research programme aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Initiated by the Indian National Science Academy, the Fellowship administered by CICS in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist. The purpose of this Fellowship is to extend facilities of the advanced scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers of developing countries and promote south-south co-operation.
- Host Institution: Indian Centres of Excellence in India.
- Field of Research: All major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Number of awards: About 10.
- Duration: Maximum three months.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens developing countries.
INSA–JRD Tata Fellowship Programme Benefits
Fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses
INSA–JRD Tata Fellowship Programme Eligibility
In order to apply for the INSA–JRD Tata Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet following criteria.
- Be a citizen of a developing country (other than Indian);
- Have a Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines;
- Have below 45 years of age;
- Be affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country.
You may also be eligible for the:
- International Excellence Scholarship at Brunel University;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Edinburgh Online Learning Masters Scholarships;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change;
- University Of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship.
Interested applicants must fill in the application form and have it send by the Head of their Institution to: the Honorary Director, CICS, No. 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai-600 025, India.
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth and age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications, present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
- A brief write up describing the proposed research work.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification.
- A letter of consent from Parent Institution.
The awardees may either correspond with the host institute and opt to work there if offered placement or seek the assistance of CICS for placement.They are also allowed to choose a fellowship period mutually convenient to them and the host institute.
There are two cohorts per year. The deadline for the first cohort is and for the second. For more details on the INSA–JRD Tata Fellowship Programme, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.