Applications are opened for the NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Canada. The Postdoctoral Fellowship will provide support to a core of the most promising researchers at a pivotal time in their careers.
The fellowships are also intended to secure a supply of highly qualified Canadians with leading-edge scientific and research skills for Canadian industry, government and institutions.
- Host institutions: Reasearch institutions in Canada.
- Areas: Civil and industrial engineering, Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, computing sciences, Mathematical sciences, Physics and astronomy, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Evolution and ecology, Cellular and molecular biology, Plant and animal biology, Psychology.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Target group: Open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- You can apply only once to the PDF (Postdoctoral Fellowships) Program; however, applicants whose first PDF application was submitted prior to the 2013 competition may submit a second application.provided they are within the eligibility window.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply.
- NSERC will extend the eligibility period to three years.
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government after you received your doctorate NSERC will extend this eligibility period from three to six years over certain conditions(illness or health-related family responsibilities, birth or adoption of a child).
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Benefits
Selected candidates for the fellowship program will be awarded a grant is valued at $45,000 per year.
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Eligibility
To be considered eligible for the Fellowship, you must:
- Concordia University Entrance Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
- Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship to Study at Laval University;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button and follow instructions to submit their applications.
The deadline to submit application is . For more detail on the NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Canada, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.