Application for the University of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship 2020 is open. The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship provides funding to support International Students to undertake a Research Master’s degrees or a Research PhD degrees at the University of Adelaide.
International RTP are awarded to candidates in higher degrees by research (HDRs) programmes and a priority is given to those undertaking research in areas of University research strength. This is a good opportunity to study in Australia.
- Host Institution: the University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Eligible Programme: Research Master’s degrees or a Research Doctorate degrees (higher degrees by research – HDRs) at the University of Adelaide.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to 2 years (for Master’s students) and up to 4 years (for PhD students).
- Eligible countries: Open for all nationalities.
University of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship Benefits
Selected applicants for the Australian Government Research Training Program will have following benefits:
- Full tuition fees waived at the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program.
- A living allowance of AUD 28,092 (2020 rate, indexed annually) per annum. It is likely to be tax exempt and subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
University of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Australian Government Research Training Program, Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence Master’s or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
- Students who are not successful in their scholarship application are eligible to apply again, once, within 18 months of being advised that their scholarship application is unsuccessful.
- Students who have been considered in two scholarship rounds within an 18-month period cannot be considered in any future scholarship round at the University of Adelaide.
You may also be eligible for the:
- TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme;
- Denmark Katoni scholarship Program;
- Université Paris-Saclay Scholarship for International Students;
- Qatar University Scholarships for National and Foreign Students;
- Japan and World Bank Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the RTP Scholarships must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Note: Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application in mid October 2020. Recipients must commence their research program in semester 1, 2021 (between and .
The application deadline is . For more detail on the University of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.