Applications are currently being received for the Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship. The program aims to share Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries. The program also aims to strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries, encourage and promote South-South Cooperation, and encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
Annually, Malaysia’s flagship MTCP offers more than 60 technical training and capacity-building programs in vast areas of development to developing countries in collaboration with leading local training institutions and international development partners. To date, more than 34,500 participants from 144 developing countries have benefited from the various programs offered under the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP).
The MTCP scholarship is fully funded by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 12 and 24 months for Master’s Degree Programs.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) is premised on the principle that the development of a country is dependent on the quality of its human capital and resources. MTCP emphasizes human resources development mainly through training and capacity-building courses including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions, and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
- Host Institutions: Please find the below, the list of eligible Malaysian universities.
- Eligible Fields: Please see full list below.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 12 to 24 months.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship Benefits
Winners of this Malaysia Scholarship to study on the Asian continent will have the following benefits while:
- Tuition Fees
- Other allowances of RM3,500 per month which includes:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Insurance Allowance
- One-off return economy-class airline ticket from student’s closest international airport to Malaysia and back to student’s home country.
Method of Payment: Participants will receive allowances and other benefits as mentioned above from the Scholarship Division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia through their individual savings accounts. Students are advised to open any Malaysian Bank account upon arrival in Malaysia.
Also Check : Government of Romania MEAT Scholarship, 2022-2023
Field of Study
Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science, Technology and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management and Banking
- Social Science and Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above.
List of MTCP Scholarship Partner Universities
The following is the list of potential universities in Malaysia, where candidates can study with the Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship.
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Malaysia (UNITEN)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF).
Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this Malaysian Scholarship, applicants must comply to the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent at Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL internet-based test with a score of 70; or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions (Please refer to the list of universities above).
- Application is only open to candidate who has received valid admission offer letter/s from at least one (1) university in Malaysia but has not yet started their postgraduate studies or those who has registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
- Kazakhstan Government Scholarship for International Students;
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign and Italian Citizens;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
How to Apply for the Government of Malaysia Scholarship
Eligible applicants must click on the apply button below to create an account and follow instructions to submit their application. Applicant must also upload all documents required documents (scanned and save as in PDF format) via the online application platform.
- Application form (to be filled in the online system);
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 18 months’ validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree program must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants’ alma mater describing the university’s grade system if the applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency tests (TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ CAE/ CPE/ MUET/ equivalent qualification);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Admission Offer Letter from Malaysian Universities for 2022/2023 intake (Please refer List of Universities above);
- Statement of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- Medical examination form.
- COVID-19 proof of vaccination.
For further inquiries regarding MTCP scholarship, please contact the MTCP SECRETARIAT [email protected], the SCHOLARSHIP DIVISION on [email protected] and [email protected] for any technical assistance regarding MTCP Scholarship application form (please submit your e-mail with screen-shot).
The application deadline for the Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship for international students is . For more details, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.