The Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change is now opened for applications. Kanthari in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India, offers a 12-month leadership program for visionaries who have overcome adversity and who are keen to drive ethical social change.
kanthari’s twelve-month program will help participants develop all necessary skills to succeed as social change-makers, so they can start and run own NGO’s, Social enterprises or social ventures. A certificate of completion will be issued to participants who complete the course successfully.
- Host institution: kanthari Campus in Trivandrum, Kerala, South of India.
- Fields of Study: Protection of Environment (Water shedding, Food security, Agriculture, Waste management, Animal husbandry / beekeeping, Forestation, Seed banks of indigenous plants, Lake and river protection, Slum development); Human rights (Domestic Violence, Sexual harassment, Peace and conflict management, Tribal conflict, Interreligious , Intercultural Dialogue, Female circumcision, Discrimination, Killing of Albinos, HIV and Survivors of epidemic diseases, Migrant workers, Good Governance, Street children, Sex workers, Empowerment of women, widows and single mothers, Empowerment of prisoners, LBGTQ rights, Human rights / Child right, Superstition, Investigative Journalism); Education (Alternative education, Tribal education, Empowerment of youth through Art, Entrepreneurship training and Advocacy); Disability (Empowerment of the blind, Integration, Mental health and addiction, Equality in the working place).
- Number of Awards: 25.
- Duration : 12 months.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change Benefits
Selected candidates for the kanthari Training programme will have the following benefits.
- Transportation within India for project related purpose;
- Full boarding, including shared accommodation and meals (while staying at kanthari campus);
- Exposure visits to organizations who do similar work to increase subject expertise;
- Course related costs, including faculty, equipment and materials; and;
- Alumni program membership.
Note: If selected, you will commit to participate in the full 12 months program.
Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change Eligibility
To apply for the Kanthari Training programme, candidates:
- need to have a plan for a social project/venture that will create a mindset change in your community;
- need to be 22 years of age or older;
- Intermediary knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking);
- Basic knowledge in using a computer;
- need to bring High energy, be flexible, be creative, intrinsically driven, bring a high level of motivation and ownership;
- For people in wheelchairs: independent mobility and daily living skills;
- For blind and/or partial sighted people: excellent mobility skills, being able to use white cane.
Some participants have university degrees while others have little to no formal education; Some are blind or physically disabled, others have no disabilities at all. What is important is a sense of ownership, motivation, creativity, talent and passion to create a positive social impact.
- Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this training programme, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Applications are received throughout the year. However, June to December would be the ideal time to apply for the upcoming course. Applications received after the selection for the upcoming course is finalized will be considered for the next course. For more detail on the Kanthari Training for Social Change, please visit the official page.