Applications are now opened for the Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students. The Austrian government through the OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering scholarships for Undergraduate, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD students and Postdoctoral research.
Fully funded, the scholarship can be taken at Austrian universities or research institutions in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
The scholarship is only awarded for short period research at undergraduate, Master’s or PhD degree levels. Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Host Institutions: Austrian universities and research institutions in Austria.
- Study field: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
- Duration: 1 to 12 months for PhD holders, post docs and 1 to 4 months for others (Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD students).
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified (depends on the budget).
- Target group: Open to all nationalities except to citizens of Austria.
Austrian Government Scholarships Benefits
Successful applicants will enjoy a fully sponsored scholarship that provides the following benefits:
- Monthly scholarship installment:
- 1.150 EUR for PhD holders, post docs and
- 1.050 EUR for others (Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD students)
- Health insurance: from 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health) and covered from the scholarship.
- Accommodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office. The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries that are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA, OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump-sum depends on the country of origin.
Austrian Government Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship, candidates must be:
- descendant of forced laborers under the Nazi Regime (regardless of their country of origin)
- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
- Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their Bachelor’s thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- their dissertation
- or postdoc research activities.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant
- Age limit
- Doctoral students, PhD holders and post docs: 40 years (born on or after September 1, 1982)
- for other students: No more than 35 years (born on or after September 1, 1986)
- Postdocs, working at universities outside of Austria (PhD holders and post docs only)
To apply for this Austrian Government Scholarship, applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Austrian Government Scholarship
To apply for this Europe scholarship, please click on the corresponding link below to create an account and follow instructions to submit your application.
- PhD holders, post docs should click here to apply
- Others (Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD students) should click here to apply.
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on scholarships.at:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- two letters of recommendation from university lecturers.
- confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university or research institution
- scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria or proof of enrollment at a study program at a university outside Austria or a confirmation of employment at a university/research institution outside of Austria (for postdoctoral)
- confirmation, that proves your participation in a study program (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- for descendants of forced laborers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Austrian Government Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.