The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students is opened for application. The scholarship is available for foreign students willing to study in Germany. Friedrich Ebert Foundation offers scholarship for candidates willing to undertake studies at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degree levels in Germany.
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills.
- Host institution: State or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
- Fields of study: Available fields at German higher-education institutions.
- Number of awards: up to 40 scholarships per year.
- Duration: Applicants program duration.
- Target group: Open to citizens of Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship program will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 830 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination program or;
- EUR 850 in a Master’s course;
- In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and;
- scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants for the Friedrich Ebert Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
- social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Catholic KAAD Scholarship for Christians;
- Top Scholarships in France for Foreign Students;
- Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Scholarship;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Scholarship, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. You may use Google Chrome or other tools to translate the content into your language
Applications deadline is . However, PhD applicants can submit their applications anytime. For more detail on the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.