The Global Citizen Prize for Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
- Event: Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership
- Number of awards: Up to five (5) prize finalists may be selected by Promoter .
- Date: 12-14 December 2019 in London, England .
- Target group: Open to All Nationalities.
The winner of the Global Citizen Prize for Cisco Youth Leadership will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to award ceremony in December for themselves and a guest.
- Networking and development opportunities to support their work.
Beside the Prize, Promoter will pay the following for the Prize Finalists (5):
- return economy airfares to London, England for the Prize Finalists and their companion, with the flight originating from the Prize Finalist’s nearest capital city;
- hotel accommodation in London for the Prize Finalists and their companion for the period 12-14 December 2019;
- a per diem of USD$300 for the period of 12-14 December 2019; and
- ground transportation to and from events hosted by Promoter, where the attendance of the Prize Finalists is requested.
- visa processing fees for the Prize Finalists and a companion not exceeding four hundred United States dollars (USD$400) in total to be reimbursed to Prize Finalist following Promoter’s receipt of an invoice detailing said fees.
To be eligible for the Global Citizen Prize for Cisco Youth Leadership, All applicants:
- You must be 18-30 years old as of award ceremony in December 2019, and be able to travel to award ceremony to accept prize.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
- For a period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
- You must accept the terms and conditions.
Selection criteria for the Global Citizen Prize for Cisco Youth Leadership is based on 5 equally-weighted elements:
Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
Technology Innovation: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
Please submit your application by clicking the apply button and following instructions. For more detail on the Global Citizen Prize for Cisco Youth Leadership, please visit the official page.