Applications are opened for the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East (POESAM). The contest aims to reward the best innovative and socially responsible business projects in Africa and the Middle East. The Prize is awarded to entrepreneurs or startups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the populations in Africa and the Middle-East.
Since 2011, the Competition rewards Projects that launch a new product or a new service which meets the triple objective of: contributing to societal development, developing an innovative offering and integrating digital technologies in the entrepreneurial solution. The international women award rewards either a woman, or a project offering a technological solution to improve the living conditions of women (women’s independence, creating or maintaining jobs, data collection on gender, digital inclusion and financial inclusion …).
Each Project submitted will participate in the national phase of the Competition within its country of origin (the country is identified by the Participant when the Project is submitted on the Site). Each country organizes a national jury, which can nominate up to three (3) national winners. The three (3) national winners will qualify automatically, without the need to resubmit their Project, for the International Grand Prix, organized by Orange MEA. The grand jury has the final decision on nominating the 3 prizewinners for the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East.
- Event: Orange Social Venture Prize (OSVP).
- Number of awards: National awards and 5 Grand-Prix.
- Duration: The Competition will be held between 9 March 2021 (09:00am GMT) and 04 June 2021 (9:00pm GMT).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Orange Social Venture Prize Benefits
The competition is organized in two stages: first a national competition in 17 countries; then an international jury chooses the Grand Prix winners.
Various prizes are awarded locally to national winners. The top 3 projects from each country will automatically be positioned to enter the International Grand Prize competition. The international Grand-Prix awards the following prizes:
- 1st prize: € 25,000 (twenty-five thousand euros);
- 2nd prize: € 15,000 (fifteen thousand euros);
- 3rd prize: € 10,000 (ten thousand euros);
- International women’s prize: € 20,000 (twenty thousand euros);
- Furthermore, support will be proposed to the 10 International Grand Prix shortlisted finalists (including the 3 prize winners) and the winner of the Orange MEA – external.
Also Check : OSCE Academy in Bishkek Scholarship, 2023-2025
Orange Social Venture Prize Eligibility
To apply for the Orange Social Venture program, candidates must have the following profile:
- Be entrepreneurs over the age of 21 or start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize.
- There are no nationality requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East (Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Jordan, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Tunisia).
The jury will consider the social and environmental impact of the projects, their degree of innovation, the possibility of expanding the product or service to several countries and the financial viability and feasibility of the projects submitted.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Coimbra Group Scholarship Sub-Saharan Africa Program;
- One Planet Fellowship for Africans;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland;
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the prize, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to apply.
Each participant must submit its project only once by selecting the country of deployment of the project in the online registration form. The 3 winners from each country will automatically be positioned to compete at the international Grand Prix. Only one entry per household/legal person/IT address (same name, same address) will be accepted.
The deadline to apply is . For more details on the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East (POESAM), please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.