The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is calling on children and teens all over the world for it World Food Day Poster contest. candidates must be between the age of 5 to 19, and have to use their imagination and create a poster. the poster will illustrates their idea of what needs to be done to make healthy diets available for everyone and how each of us can improve our diets. Young minds will be inspired by the World Food Day Activity Book that shows why healthy eating matters and how everyone can come together and take action to achieve better nutrition and Zero Hunger.
- Area: Poster creation to illustrates what needs to be done to make healthy diets available for everyone.
- Number of awards: 60.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Target group: Open to open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
World Food Day Poster Contest Benefits
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee in December 2019. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
World Food Day Poster Contest Criteria
The World Food Day Poster contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world. The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
You may also be eligible for:
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided at the bottom of the official page . All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
- Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email in December 2019.
For more detail on the World Food Day Poster contest, please visit the official page.