Applications for the Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme (PEC-G) for Developing Countries are now opened for application. The programme has been created by the Brazilian Government to help nationals of developing countries to complete their Undergraduate studies in Brazil.
The Brazilian Government’s Exchange Programme has been in place for over thirty years and since 2000, more than ten thousand (10 000) students have benefited from the scholarship. Candidates can apply to study in engineering, medicine, natural sciences and any field of study available at participating higher educational institutions in Brazil.
Brazilian government will only cover tuition fees for the PEC-G winners. However, once in Brazil, there are numbers of scholarships programmes available for PEC-G students that provide additional support like a monthly stipend and even a flight ticket back home after graduation. Foreign students must return to their home countries after graduation, in order to contribute to development.
- Host institutions: Participating Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Brazil.
- Field of study: Available programmes at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal programme duration.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of the following countries: Africa (South Africa, Angola, Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Republic, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia); Latin America and the Caribbean (Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela); Asia (China, South Korea, India, Iran, Lebanon, Pakistan, Syria, Thailand, Timor-Leste); Europe (Armenia, Bulgaria, Hungary, North Macedonia, Poland, Turkey).
Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme Benefits
The scholarship programme will cover tuition fees for selected candidates at Participating Higher Education Institutions. However, once in Brazil, there are scholarship programmes available for PEC-G students (e.g. Bolsa MRE, Bolsa Mérito etc.) that provide additional support like a monthly stipend and even a flight ticket back home after graduation.
Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Brazil, candidates must have:
- Must have obtained a high school diploma with an average mark of at least 60%;
- at least 18 years old and preferably younger than 23;
- Must have attended high school in a country other than Brazil;
- present proof of ability to pay living expenses in Brazil for the 1st year.
Please contact the Brazilian diplomatic representation in your country for more details.
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Eligible applicants should with the Brazilian Embassy in their country to get more information on application procedures and required documents.
They must complete application forms and submit it with all required documents to the embassy before the deadline.