The Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP) is aimed at mid-career journalists from South Asian countries including Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives. The fellowship is hosted by the University of Westminster. This fellowship is funded by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Host Institution(s): University of Westminster.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 8-week.
- Target group: Open to citizen of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or the Maldives.
Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Benefits
The South Asia Journalism Fellowship program is a fully funded program that provides successful applicants with the followings:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from your country of residence to the UK.
Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Eligibility
To be eligible for the South Asia Journalism Fellowship program,, you must:
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or the Maldives
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying
- Be a mid-career journalist working in the political or economic sectors in one of the above-mentioned countries and good working knowledge of English (which may be assessed by a qualified English language assessor)
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
Please submit your application by using the apply button and following instructions.
The deadline to submit applications is . To know more about the Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.