Higher education in Denmark is free for students from the EU/EEA and Switzerland and for students participating in an exchange program. Other students need to pay tuition fees which range from 6,000 to 16,000 Euro on annual basis. Therefore, the Danish Government Scholarships For international Students have been created to support international students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
The scholarship is managed by Danish higher education institutions (universities only). Each university receives a limited number of the scholarships (each year) to fund highly qualified full-degree international students.
- Host institutions: Higher educational institutions (Universities only) in Denmark.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: depends on the chosen program at a given university.
- Target group: Open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and Switzerland.
Danish Government Scholarships Benefits
The Scholarships consist of two parts and can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs. However, since the scholarships are administered by the individual higher education institution you should inquire at the institution of your choice for further details.
Danish Government Scholarships Eligibility
In order to be eligible for a Danish Government Scholarships For international Students you must be:
- A citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- Enrolled in a full degree higher education program
- Granted a time-limited residence permit in Denmark due to education.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Slovak Government Scholarship for International Students;
- International Academic Scholarship in Switzerland;
- Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship;
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI).
The scholarships are administered by the Danish institutions of higher education, each of which decides which students will receive a scholarship. For further information about the government scholarship, please consult the admission details of the higher education institution of your choice.
Each university has it own deadline. However, the deadline falls around March – April (for the September intake of the same year) and September – October (for February intake of the following year). For more detail on the Danish Government Scholarships For international Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.