Company Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. The CERN Technical Studentships is open for nationals of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- Internship Area: Electronics Or Electrical, Cern Civil And General Internship, It, Mathematics & Robotics, Material And Surface Science, Applied Physics, Cern Mechanical Engineering Internship.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 4 to 12 months.
- Target group: Open to all national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
CERN Technical Studentships Benefits
Selected candidates will be provided with:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
CERN Technical Studentships Eligibility
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State .
- You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection taking place in December 2019.
- You can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. It advised that you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- Ensure your CV is complete with all skills and experience that make you stand out as a candidate.
- Be as clear and specific as possible in the application fields “Education” and “Experience” in order to increase your chances of being selected. Also include in this section all the specific skills (e.g. programming languages, hardware, databases etc.) that you have acquired that will support your application.
- If you apply to more than one job, you will need to upload the documents for each application you submit.
- And last but not least, make good use of the ‘Motivation’ section to tell why you’re a great candidate for CERN!
- You will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially.
- Note: this must be done before the closing date.
Candidates must click on the program or programs that interest them and apply.
- Electronics Or Electrical
- Cern Civil And General Internship
- It, Mathematics & Robotics
- Material And Surface Science
- Applied Physics
- Cern Mechanical Engineering Internship
Make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further. The application deadline is October 21st, 2019. For more detail on the CERN Technical Studentships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.