The World Trade Organization Internship Program aims to provide internship opportunity for post-graduate university students wishing to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of the multilateral trading system. The Program Only provide a limited number of positions for candidates, on a rolling basis all over the year.
Assignments given to interns are intended to enhance interns’ knowledge and understanding of the WTO and of trade policy more generally. However, the needs of the Division recruiting an intern will be paramount in determining the precise nature of assignments.
- Host Organization: World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: Minimum of three months up to a maximum of six months.
- Target group: Open to nationals of WTO Member states or Observer governments.
World Trade Organization Internship Program Benefits
The program will provide successful applicants with a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
Internships take place in Geneva, Switzerland only. Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are also responsible for their own insurance cover for illness and accidents while they are working at the WTO.
World Trade Organization Internship Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the World Trade Organization Internship Program, candidates must have the following profile:
- Be a national of WTO Member states or Observer governments.
- have completed an undergraduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g. economics, law, political science, international relations), and shall have completed at least one year of a postgraduate studies.
- have between 21 and 30 years old.
- World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program;
- UNICEF Internship Program For All Nationalities;
- Internship Program At FAO (The Food And Agriculture Organization);
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities;
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program;
- DSM Brighter Living Scholarship for One Young World Summit.
Candidates interested to apply for the program must click on the apply button below, follow instructions on the page to fill the application form and submit it.
A list of suitable candidates is maintained from which interns are selected. In addition to the regular internship program, the need may also arise to recruit interns at short notice for particular tasks. These recruits will also be drawn from the list. Names will not be maintained on the list for longer than one year.
There is no application deadline. Candidates are selected on a continuing basis, with no specific recruitment period. For more details on the World Trade Organization Internship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.