The World Trade Organization Internship Program aims to provide internship opportunity for postgraduate university students wishing to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of the multilateral trading system. The program provides a limited number of positions for candidates, on a rolling basis all through the year.
Assignments given to interns are intended to enhance interns’ knowledge and understanding of the WTO and of trade policy more generally. However, the needs of the Division recruiting an intern will be paramount in determining the precise nature of assignments during the internship period.
- Host Organization: World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: Minimum of three months up to a maximum of six months.
- Target group: Open to nationals of WTO member state or a country or customs territory engaged in accession negotiations.
Also Check : France Excellence Europa Scholarship Program
World Trade Organization Internship Program Benefits
An agreement will be established between the intern and the Director of the Human Resources Division, specifying the conditions of service and details of any remuneration. Paid interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including weekends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
In normal circumstances, internships take place in Geneva, Switzerland. However, during the COVID pandemic, consideration may be given to internships taking place remotely from another country, and the terms and conditions for these remote internships may differ from those that take place in Geneva. Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are responsible for their own insurance cover for illness and accidents for the duration of the internship.
World Trade Organization Internship Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the World Trade Organization Internship Program, candidates must have the following profile:
- be a national of a WTO member state or a country or customs territory engaged in accession negotiations.
- have completed an undergraduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g., economics, law, political science, international relations), and shall have completed at least one year of a postgraduate study.
- have between 21 and 30 years old.
- World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program;
- United Nations Volunteers Program For All Nationalities;
- World Youth Alliance Regional and Headquarter Internship Program;
- Top 35 Scholarships to Study in Europe for All (Currently Open).
How to Apply for the World Trade Organization Internship Program?
Candidates interested in applying for the program must click on the apply button below, follow instructions on the page to fill in the application form and submit it.
A list of suitable candidates is maintained from which interns are selected. In addition to the regular internship program, the need may also arise to recruit interns at short notice for particular tasks. These recruits will also be drawn from the list. Names will not be maintained on the list for longer than one year.
There is no application deadline. Candidates are selected on a continuing basis, with no specific recruitment period. For more details on the World Trade Organization Internship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Am asking about when the Confucius studies will start in 2021…..pls