Applications are now opened for the bp Net Zero Scholarship to attend the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich (Germany). The Scholarship aims to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimagining energy for people and planet today.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means dramatically reducing carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services.
Scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business.
The bp Net Zero Scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas: Advocating for progressive climate policies, enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind, Improving access to energy, Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
- Event: One Young World Summit.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Date: 21 – 26 April, 2021;
- Venue: Munich, Germany.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
bp Net Zero Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Ground transportation between Summit venues;
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
bp Net Zero Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship applicants must be:
- Aged 18 – 30.
- Nationals any country may apply for this scholarship.
Furthermore, One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Understanding of key local and/ or global issues;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas;
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritise candidates who are making an impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind;
- Improving access to energy;
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries;
- Advocating for progressive climate policies.
- DSM Brighter Living Scholarship for One Young World Summit;
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Program Benefits;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) in Netherlands;
- University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship.
Eligible applicants must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Only applications written in English are accepted. If English is not your first language, consider reaching out to someone who can read through your application.
The deadline to submit your application is 9:00pm BST. For more detail on the bp Net Zero Scholarship for One Young World Summit, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.