The University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship programme has been created to recruit outstanding students at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
There is no application form for the University of Alberta Scholarship. Eligible students are considered on the recommendation of the admitting department.
- Host Institution: The University of Alberta, Canada.
- Eligible Fields: Eligible PhD programs at the University of Alberta.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Benefits
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student. The award value varies and is indicated in the original letter of offer.
University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Eligibility
The Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship will be awarded to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit;
- Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from a master’s to a doctoral degree program;
- Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program;
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- Austrian Government Scholarships for International Students;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship To Study Arabic Language;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change.
Individual graduate departments are responsible for selecting nominees based on eligibility criteria and allocations. Departments may choose to nominate individuals based on a variety of criteria including academic record, letters of appraisal, statement of program, applicant’s research, potential contributions to research, and other technical experience. Therefore, to be considered for this scholarship, candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria and apply to a desired department. Departments will take care of the rest. Therefore, to benefit from this scholarship, you must simply apply for a PhD programme at the university.
- For students with a May 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is April 15, 2020.
- For students with a July 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is May 1, 2020.
- For students with a September 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is July 2, 2020.
- For students with a January 1, 2021 start date, the deadline is November 2, 2020.