Established by the Beijing Municipal Government, the Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) program have been created to support international students for studies in institutions in the Beijing Municipality. The scholarship program to study in China aims to attract outstanding international students by providing them with partial or full tuition fees.
The program is open for undergraduate and postgraduate students who are currently enrolled or planning to attend Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Beijing. More than fifty (50) HEIs in Beijing are eligible to host international students under this scholarship scheme.
- Host Institutions: Higher Educational Institutions in Beijing, China. Please see the list below.
- Fields of Study: Available fields at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Duration of the candidate’s program.
- Target group: Open to Non-Chinese citizens.
Beijing Government Scholarship Benefits
The Beijing Government Scholarship covers tuition fees only, and is provided as follows:
- Doctoral student scholarship: 40,000 RMB/year;
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/year;
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20,000 RMB/year;
- Senior scholars and long term language student scholarship: 10,000 RMB/year;
- Scholarship for exchange student (long-term or credit transferable students) and student who make special contributions to international exchange and cooperation in the capital area: 5,000 RMB/year.
Eligible Host institutions for the Peking Government Scholarship
Below is the list of universities and institutions in Beijing were candidates can apply for and use this scholarship.
- 北京大学 – PEKING UNIVERSITY
- 北京第二外国语学院 – BEIJING INTERNATIONAL STUDIES UNIVERSITY
- 北京电影学院 – BEIJING FILM ACADEMY
- 北京工业大学 – BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- 北京航空航天大学 – BEIHANG UNIVERSITY
- 北京化工大学 – BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- 北京交通大学 – BEIJING JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY
- 北京科技大学 – UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY BEIJING
- 北京理工大学 – BEIJING INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- 北京林业大学 – BEIJING FORESTRY UNIVERSITY
- 北京师范大学 – BEIJING NORMAL UNIVERSITY
- 北京体育大学 – BEIJING SPORT UNIVERSITY
- 北京外国语大学 – BEIJING FOREIGN STUDIES UNIVERSITY
- 北京邮电大学 – BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF POSTS & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- 北京语言大学 – BEIJING LANGUAGE & CULTURE UNIVERSITY
- 北京中医药大学 – BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF CHINESE MEDICINE
- 对外经济贸易大学 – UNIVERSITY OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS & ECONOMICS
- 华北电力大学 – NORTH CHINA ELECTRIC POWER UNIVERSITY
- 清华大学 – TSINGHUA UNIVERSITY
- 首都经济贸易大学 – CAPITAL UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS & BUSINESS
- 首都师范大学 – CAPITAL NORMAL UNIVERSITY
- 首都体育学院 – CAPITAL INSTITUTE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- 外交学院 – CHINA FOREIGN AFFAIRS UNIVERSITY
- 中国地质大学（北京）- CHINA UNIVERSITY OF GEOSCIENCES (BEIJING)
- 中国科学院研究生院（仅承担博士生项目）- GRADUATE UNIVERSITY OF CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES （PHD Program only
- 中国农业大学 – CHINA AGRICULTURE UNIVERSITY
- 中国农业科学院研究生院 – THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THE CHINESE ACADEMY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
- 中国人民大学 – RENMIN UNIVERISTY OF CHINA
- 中国政法大学 – CHINA UNIVERISTY OF POLITICAL SCIENCE & LAW
- 中央财经大学 – CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF FINANCE AND ECNOMICS
- 中央美术学院 – CENTRAL ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS
- 中央民族大学 MINZU UNIVERSITY OF CHINA
- 中央戏剧学院 THE CENTRAL ACADEMY OF DRAMA
- 中央音乐学院 – CENTRAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC
- 中国传媒大学 – COMMUNICATION UNIVERSITY OF CHINA
- 中国石油大学（北京）- CHINA UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM BEIJING
- 中国矿业大学（北京）- CHINA UNIVERSITY OF MINING AND TECHNOLOGY BEIJING
- 中国青年政治学院 – CHINA YOUTH UNIVERSITY FOR POLITICAL SCIENCES
- 中国社会科学院研究生院 – GRADUATE SCHOOL OF CHINESE ACADEMY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 北京联合大学 – BEIJING UNION UNIVERSITY
- 首都医科大学 – CAPITAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 北京服装学院 – BEIJING INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY
- 中国音乐学院 – CHINA CONSERVATORY
- 北京信息科技大学 – BEIJING INFORMATION SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY
- 北京工商大学 – BEIJING TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS UNIVERSITY
- 中国戏曲学院 – NATIONAL ACADEMY OF CHINESE THEATER ARTS
- 北方工业大学 – NORTH CHINA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- 北京舞蹈学院 – BEIJING DANCE ACADEMY
- 北京建筑大学 – BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE
- 北京青年政治学院 – BEIJING YOUTH POLITICS COLLEGE
- 北京印刷学院 – BEIJING INSTITUTE OF GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION
- 北京物资学院 – BEIJING WUZI UNIVERSITY
- 北京广播电视大学 – BEIJING OPEN UNIVERSITY.
Beijing Government Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Scholarship program to study in Asia, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- be a non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- doctoral degree programs applicant must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- master’s degree programs applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- undergraduate program applicant must have a senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- general scholar program applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- long term language studies applicant must have a senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- senior scholar program applicant must have a master’s degree or above or hold the academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- not be a recipient of the Chinese Government Scholarship at the same time.
- Top 25 Scholarships to Study in Asia;
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list;
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- Top 45+ Scholarships to Study in Canada for International Students.
How to Apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship
Applicants need to consult the dispatching authorities, such as relevant governments departments, Chinese embassies or Consulates about the Beijing Government Scholarship application details.
Applicants could also apply through Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) that are eligible to enroll scholarship students. The full list of eligible institutions is shown above. Contact the university or visit the university’s website to follow instruction and submit your application.
- Application Form for Beijing Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download the form from the website of the targeted HEIs);
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be provided if the duration of study is six months or above;
- Study plan (no less than 400 words) or research plan (no less than 800 words) in Chinese or English should be submitted for degree or research students;
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works according to the requirements of the target HEIs;
- Applicants under 18 should provide legal documents of their legal guardians in China;
- Please note that application documents will NOT be returned;
Application deadline varies per institution but usually fall around January – March. For specific application deadlines, please contact the relevant Higher Educational Institutions in Peking.
For more information on the Beijing Government Scholarship program, please visit the official page and read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.