Established by the Shirin Fozdar Programme (SFP) initiatives, the SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarship is available to full-time female undergraduates at the Singapore Management University. The objective of the Scholarship is to recognize outstanding female undergraduates of foreign nationalities and to support them in their education at the University.
The Shirin Fozdar initiatives provide education, training and capacity building opportunities in fields that are beneficial to women, particularly those who are disadvantaged, the study of gender issues and national development and also fund research and projects relevant to the advancement of women. The funding committee continually seek support from well-wishers to enhance ongoing and new projects by striking strategic alliances with difference groups in the community committed to develop women’s full potential.
- Host Institution: Singapore Management University (SMU).
- Eligible Program: Available programmes at Undergraduate level.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: One year.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarship Benefits
Successful applicants for the SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarships will have the following benefits:
- Each award is valued at $15,000 and tenable for the recipient’s one year of study.
- The award will offer financial support towards the recipient’s annual subsidized tuition fee. The recipient may be in concurrent receipt of a bursary for cash allowance, subject to fulfillment of its eligibility criteria.
- The recipients are required to be actively involved in community outreach activities and events under the Shirin Fozdar Programme in the year of award, for up to 30 hours of service.
SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarships, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Full-time female foreign undergraduates enrolled in any degree programme;
- Good academic results;
- Demonstrated financial needs (gross monthly household per capita income not exceeding $1,900);
- Demonstrated leadership potential;
- Active CCA and/or community service involvement (including SFP-funded C4SR projects).
NB: Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit a written statement and a 1-minute video clip on why she should be awarded the scholarship.
Interested apllicants wishing to apply for the SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarships must do it through the : Applicant’s Self Service (after submitting an online application admission).
For any enquiry please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Assistance at: [email protected]. The application deadline is March 19, 2020. For more details on the SMU Shirin Fozdar Scholarship Program in Singapore, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.