Applications for the 2020-2021 Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Academic Education Programs is sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China and aims to foster top cadre business officials and managerial personnel of developing countries.
The Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship provides assistance to the government officials, research fellows, and senior managerial personnel working in the fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture, and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries.
- Host Institution: Zhejiang Normal University (ZJNU), China.
- Field of Study: Education.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: One-year and two-year Master programs as well as three-year doctoral programs.
- Target group: Open to citizens of developing countries.
Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship Benefits
The MPA Scholarship will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver;
- On-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB monthly stipend;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- A settlement allowance of 3000RMB/person;
- Round-trip international tickets.
Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship Eligibility
In order to apply for the MPA Scholarship, applicants:
- must be non-Chinese citizens from the developing countries, with a valid passport, or any other identification certificate sufficient to verify his/her nationality;
- should have recognized bachelor’s degree; Under the age of 45;
- must be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers or candidates whose undergraduate education was not conducted in English are required to submit a test score of TOEFL or IELTS as a proof of English proficiency.
- TOEFL 100 or above in iBT (Internet-Based TOEFL);
- TOEFL 600 or above in PBT (Paper-Based TOEFL);
- IELTS 7.0 or above in overall band score.
- All applicants shall be in good physical conditions and have no infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations, including severe hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, other chronic diseases, and mental disorders. Applicants who are in the period from a major surgery recovery or onset of the acute disease, during pregnancy, or have severe disabilities will not be considered. A medical report issued by a local public hospital is required.
- Only applicants recommended by the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of Chinese Embassy in the candidate’s home country will be considered.
You may also be eligible for the:
- International Excellence Scholarship at Brunel University;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Edinburgh Online Learning Masters Scholarships;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change;
- University Of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship, must follow steps below:
Step 1: Zhejiang Normal University online registration
Create an account, fill in, upload required documents and submit the application form via the Zhejiang Normal University online application system. The financial source should be MPA Scholarship.
Step 2: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program Type B. The agent No. of Zhejiang Normal University is 10345. For the master program, Discipline is “Education”, Major is “Comparative Education”. Print out the form, ensure that name and date is hand-written on the form, and then affix a passport size photo on it.
Step 3: Application Submission
- Submit all the application materials listed below in both hard copy and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of Chinese Embassy in your home country. The Hard copy must include both the original copy and the photocopy.
- Submit a written request to the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of Chinese Embassy for an official recommendation letter and clearly state: whether the applicant is willing to be considered for a similar program at other universities if there is no vacancy in the programs at ZJNU. Other special requests if any.
- After receiving the official recommendation letter, applicants should request information (from the official recommendation letter provider) on where to send it’s scanned copy to.
- Two recommendation letters are required: one by a superior in the institution where the applicant works; the other by a professor who knows the applicant well.
- Degrees: an original copy and a photocopy shall be prepared for each degree.
- Official Transcripts: transcripts must list all courses taken and all scores obtained.
- Personal Statement: personal statement must be written in English and be 1000 words in length. It shall cover such essential elements as the applicant’s academic background, work experience, achievements, and future career plans, including a research plan at Zhejiang Normal University.
- CV/Resume in English.
- English Language Proficiency Test Results: applicants who are not native English speakers or whose undergraduate education was not conducted in English shall provide the TOEFL or IELTS test score. The GRE test is recommended but not required.
- Physical Examination Form. It should indicate that the applicant carries no infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
- Photocopy of a Valid Passport: The passport must be a personal regular passport. All successful candidates must enter China and register with Zhejiang Normal University using the same passport as used for applying for the program.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship, please visit the official page.