Visas for Creation is a feature of the program “Africa and the Caribbean in Creations”. It aims to support artistic emergence in Africa and the Caribbean through residencies in metropolitan France and in the overseas regions to enable them to develop a project of creation or research.
The program is intended for artists and curators residing in Africa or the Caribbean, with professional experience in the artistic field concerned and who need, for their creation or career, a residence time of 2 months in France.
This time of residence can take place in a professional structure, a place already partner of the French Institute or in connection with a program of residence of a territorial collectively. This structure must be able to provide technical and artistic support. For this session, the period of residency must be set between the months of October and
- Disciplines: Architecture, arts, circus, dance, design, digital arts, fashion, multidisciplinary projects, music, photography, street and puppet arts, theater, visual arts.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 2-month.
- Eligible countries: The Visas for Creation program is open to Artists in Africa and the Caribbean.
Visas for Creation Benefits
The residence programme allows recipients to develop a creative or research project and to benefit from air fare coverage, a living allowance of €1,000 per month and repatriation insurance.
Visas for Creation Eligibility
The artist or curator must:
- Already be active in his/her professional life;
- Be free of any professional obligations throughout his/her residency period;
- Not having applied for other current Institut français programs;
- Find a partner organization that is able to provide technical and artistic support and cover accommodation;
- No age limit is applied.
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship;
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
Interested applicants should click on the “Apply” button below, create an account and follow instructions to apply.
The applications’ deadline is . For more detail on the Visas for Creation program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.