The University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships are now opened for applications. The UBD Graduate Scholarship aims to support both national and international students willing to study at Master’s, and PhD degree levels at the University of Brunei Darussalam, Brunei.
University of Brunei Darussalam Graduate Scholarship is fully funded and awarded to outstanding scholars, students and professionals to undertake graduate study and advanced research at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
The Scholarship is opened for a wide range of topics (in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Engineering, Literature…) and provides Bruneian and non-Bruneian candidates the unique opportunity to pursue their academic and research goals and network extensively with international researchers.
- Host Institution: University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Brunei
- Field of Study: PhD programmes (Anthropology, Applied Linguistics, Applied Physics, Art, Asian Studies, Biodiversity, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Brunei Studies, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Clinical Sciences, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Energy Studies, English Literature, Environmental Studies, Finance, GeoSciences, Geography, History, Islamic Civilization and Contemporary Issues, Islamic Governance, Malay Language And Linguistics, Malay Literature, Management, Material Science, Mathematics, Midwifery, Professional Communication And The Media, Public Health, Public Policy (258), Sociology, Systems Engineering)
Master’s degree programmes (Counselling By Coursework, Arts In Anthropology By Research, Arts In Art By Research, Arts In Brunei Studies By Research, Arts In English Language and Linguistics By Research, Arts In English Literature By Research, Arts In Environmental Studies By Research, Arts In Geography By Research, Arts In History By Research, Arts In Islamic Civilization and Contemporary Issues By Research, Arts In Malay Language and Linguistics By Research, Arts In Malay Literature By Research, Arts In Professional Communication And The Media By Research, Arts In Sociology By Research, Economics By Research, Education By Coursework, Education by Research, Engineering In Chemical Engineering By Research, Engineering In Systems Engineering By Research, Finance By Research, Health Science in Biomedical Sciences By Research, Health Science in Clinical Sciences By Research, Health Science in Midwifery By Research, Health Science in Public Health By Research, Islamic Governance By Research, Management By Research, Medicine By Coursework, Science In Applied Physics By Research, Science In Biodiversity By Research, Science In Biology By Research, Science In Biotechnology By Research, Science In Chemistry By Research, Science In Computer Science By Research, Science In Energy Studies By Research (186), Science In GeoSciences By Research, Science In Mathematics By Research, Science in Material Science by Research, Teaching).
- Number of awards: 20.
- Duration: 36 months.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships Benefits
UBD Scholarship will provide following benefits to selected candidates:
- Waived tuition fees, including registration and acceptance fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A subsistence allowance of BND 500.00 per month for 36 months.
- On-campus accomodation for 36 months.
- For candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one round trip economy class air ticket will be provided from their home country upon accepting the scholarship and to their home country upon completion of their studies.
- Allowances for field research (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates).
University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships Eligibility
To apply to the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships, candidates need to satisfy below criteria:
- Has at least a first class honours Bachelor degree with a distinction in Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A second class upper honours Bachelor degree and a Master degree with a good publication record from and after undertaking the Master degree or equivalent qualification.
- A high quality and impactful research proposal.
- Fit to pursue studies in the area of choice.
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship.
How to Apply to the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships
Interested applicant must click on the apply button below, follow instructions to upload required documents and submit their applications.
- Certified true copy of Brunei identification card or international passport ;
- Certified true copies of academic certificates, including university transcripts (where applicable) and ;
- English proficiency qualification [IELTS, TOEFL, BEC etc] ;
- For international applicants: a security clearance letter from the country of origin ;
- For in-service applicants working in the private sector and Government sector (excluding Ministry of Education and Ministry of Religious Affairs): a letter of permission from the employer ;
- Certified English translation must be submitted for document that are not in the English language (excluding Bahasa Melayu).
The UBD Graduate Scholarship deadline is . For more detail on the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships, please visit the official page.