The Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students application is now open. Fully funded, the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) is open for foreign students willing to pursue a Master’s degree at participating institutions in Thailand.
Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) aims to encourage South-South Cooperation by exchanging experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all. Thailand Scholarship will allow successful applicants to study in Thailand in a wide range of area such as Climate Change, Food Security, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP.
- Host Institution(s): List of universities in Thailand listed below.
- Field: Available fields of studies listed below.
- Number of awards: Many.
- Duration: Normal duration of candidate’s programme.
- Eligible countries: List of countries in this pdf document.
Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students Benefits
Selected candidates for the Thailand Scholarship will have following benefits:
- Living allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month;
- Accommodation allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month in the regional province or 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket;
- A settlement allowance at the amount of 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand;
- Books allowance at the amount of 10,000 Baht per year;
- Thesis allowance as a lump sum amount of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing;
- Facilitation will be provided to awardees who require visa. Visa fee can be reimbursed upon presenting an original receipt of the fee;
- Tuition fee;
- Medical Insurance;
- Economy class air ticket via the most economical route from the candidate’s country to Thailand;
- Domestic travel in Thailand will be provided via the most economical route from the International Airport, to the airport where the university is located.
Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students Eligibility
To be eligible for the Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students, applicants must satisfy following criteria:
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field correlated to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- In-Country/In-Region DAAD Scholarship in SLGA;
- Zhejiang Normal Universit MPA Scholarship;
- Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship To Study Arabic Language;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change.
Available Courses, Universities and Number of Awards
How to Apply for the Thailand Government Scholarship
Eligible candidates need to click on the apply button below to follow instructions and fill in the online application form.
The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work.
Therefore, candidates must prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each required document and send the package to the Thailand diplomatic representation in the candidate’s country.
- TIPP application form;
- Medical report;
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree);
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree;
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS);
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people);
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request).
All forms must be duly filled and endorsed by the candidates’ supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All related documents must be in English. Each of eligible countries/territories can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic programme.
The Application deadline has been extended to . For more information on the Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page.