Application are now opened for the SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships for international students. The scholarship aims to attract international students to pursue a Master’s and PhD degree studies at the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China.
All programs are taught in English and scholarships are offered for a PhD Programs or Integrated Master-PhD Programs.
SUSTech is a young public university founded by the Shenzhen Municipal Government. The university aims to be globally-renowned by contributing to the advancement of science and technology by excelling in interdisciplinary research.
In the Nature Index 2016 Rising Stars rankings, SUSTech was ranked 62nd among the global top 100 institutions; it ranked as the third fastest growing institution in the world in 2018.
- Host Institutions: Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China.
- Fields of Study: Physics, Mathematics, Mechanics, Biology, Intelligent Manufacturing and Robotics, Ocean Sciences, Philosophy, Engineering.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: The PhD Program is for four years. The Integrated Master-PhD Program is for five years (two years for Master and the other three years for PhD).
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships Benefits
All international graduate students admitted by SUSTech will be awarded the scholarship which provide the following benefits:
PhD Program: The PhD scholarship is RMB126,700 (Approx. USD18,098)/year, plus a possible performance-based award of RMB20,000 (Approx. USD2,857)/year. The performance-based award will be evaluated by the SUSTech academic departments and approved by the Graduate School.
Integrated Master-PhD Program: During the Master study period, the Integrated Master-PhD scholarship is RMB83,700 (Approx. USD11,955)/year, plus a possible performance-based award of RMB10,000 (Approx. USD1,428)/year. Student who completes the Master study successfully and becomes a PhD candidate will receive the PhD scholarship.
SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the SUSTech scholarship, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree for Integrated Master-PhD Programs. PhD Program applicants must hold a Master’s degree.
Furthermore, candidate must satisfy following language requirements: TOEFL 85 or above; or IELTS 6.5 overall or above, with no sub-scores lower than 6.0.
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- A*STAR Computing and Information Science Scholarship;
- World Bank ACEWM Masters & PhD Scholarships;
- PASET RSIF Scholarships for PhD Students;
- Harvard University Online Courses For All;
- TWAS-NRF Doctoral Fellowships Programme.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the SUSTech scholarships must email required documents (in PDF format) to the department contacts listed here before the deadline. The subject of the email should be: Application for SUSTech PhD/Integrated Master-PhD Program Admission 2020-International Student-Name.
- Application Form (Please click here to download the form) ;
- Personal statement, which should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal ;
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall also provide an official pre-graduation certificate/letter showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date. For all documents in languages other than Chinese or English, notarized copies of translations in Chinese or English need to be provided ;
- Photocopies of language proficiency certificates ;
- Two letters of recommendation with appropriate contact details ;
- A photocopy of passport or other government issued ID ;
- Other documents that prove academic abilities.
Please note: departments may require hard copies of the above documents. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
Please click here to download the 2020 SUSTech PhD Projects for International Recruitment (Supervisors and Research Areas). For any enquiry please contact Ms. Bao ZHU at: [email protected].
The application deadline is . For more info on the SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships for international students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.