Application are now opened for the SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships for international students. The scholarship aims to attract international students to pursue a Master’s and PhD degree studies at the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China.
Similar to the ANSO program for international students, this scholarship is a unique and prestigious scholarship to study in Asia (China). All programs are taught in English and scholarships are offered for PhD or Integrated Master-PhD Programs.
SUSTech is a young public university founded by the Shenzhen Municipal Government. The university aims to be globally-renowned by contributing to the advancement of science and technology by excelling in interdisciplinary research.
In the Nature Index 2016 Rising Stars rankings, SUSTech was ranked 62nd among the global top 100 institutions; it ranked as the third fastest growing institution in the world in 2018.
- Host Institutions: Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China.
- Fields of Study: Physics, Mathematics, Mechanics, Biology, Intelligent Manufacturing and Robotics, Ocean Sciences, Philosophy, Engineering.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: The PhD Program is for four years. The Integrated Master-PhD Program is for five years (two years for Master and the other three years for PhD).
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships Benefits
All graduate students admitted by SUSTech will be awarded the SUSTech scholarship and enjoy tuition and accommodation fee grants. Master study period fee applies to the Master study period (first two years of the five-year study period) of Integrated Master-PhD program students. The program is fully funded and offers below benefits.
- Master’s students will receive a total scholarship of 85,300 RMB distributed as follows:
- Tuition Grant per Year : 27,000 RMB
- Accommodation Grant per Year : 8,300 RMB
- Stipend per Year : 50,000 RMB.
- Doctoral students will receive a total scholarship of 146,700 distributed as follows:
- Tuition Grant per Year : 30,000 RMB
- Accommodation Grant per Year : 16, 700 RMB
- Stipend per Year : 100,000 RMB.
SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the SUSTech scholarship, applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree for Integrated Master-PhD Programs. PhD Program applicants must hold a Master’s degree.
Furthermore, candidates must satisfy the following language requirements: TOEFL 85 or above; or IELTS 6.5 overall or above, with no sub-scores lower than 6.0.
You may also be eligible for the:
- XMU New International Students Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship China-Africa Friendship Program;
- NEAU Chinese Government Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- Scholarships at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications;
- Scholarships at Xi’an Jiaotong University in China;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the SUSTech scholarships must log in the online application system (Please click on the apply button below to have access to the application portal) within the application period, complete the application correctly and completely, and upload required documents.
- Degree certificates. PhD Program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree certificates. Integrated Master-PhD Program applicants should submit a bachelor’s degree certificate. Those who have not graduated yet must provide an official pre-graduation certificate/letter showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- Academic Transcripts. PhD Program applicants should submit both master’s and bachelor’s degree transcripts. Integrated Master-PhD Program applicants should submit bachelor’s degree transcripts.
- Score Report of English language test (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS/others).
- Front page of passport.
- Passport size photo.
- CV or Resume.
- Personal statement, which should include study and work experience, reasons for application, etc.
- Research proposal, which should include research experience and proposal, etc.
- Other documents that prove academic abilities.
Please note: For all documents in languages other than Chinese or English, notarized copies of translations in Chinese or English need to be provided. Please contact the SUSTech Graduate School Admissions Office on : [email protected], for any question.
Click here to download the 2021 SUSTech PhD Projects for International Recruitment (Supervisors and Research Areas).
The application deadline is . For more info on the SUSTech Integrated Master-PhD and PhD Scholarships for international students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.